Boomsound icon

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The Boomsound icon will periodically pop up in the notification bar along with a sound. Anyone see this? Any clue on why? Did a search but came up with nothing. Last night it was doing it when i was simply surfing the web.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have too. I don't know of anyway to disable it. I just try to ignore it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I see. It's not really annoying but i just wanted to know what was going on. The only reason i would have for rooting this phone would be to get rid of the bloat. Other than that i see no need for it.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I see. It's not really annoying but i just wanted to know what was going on. The only reason i would have for rooting this phone would be to get rid of the bloat. Other than that i see no need for it.

Lots of benefits to root this phone. Remove bloatware, titanium backup, and all the root required apps. There's an app (can't remember what it's called) that will auto hide the on screen buttons when not in use, you just tap to make them show. I'm really contemplating rooting for that one specific app, plus titanium backup. I've downloaded arhd already so I may flash that too. Still can't decide if I want to root though....

Posted via Android Central App

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Lots of benefits to root this phone. Remove bloatware, titanium backup, and all the root required apps. There's an app (can't remember what it's called) that will auto hide the on screen buttons when not in use, you just tap to make them show. I'm really contemplating rooting for that one specific app, plus titanium backup. I've downloaded arhd already so I may flash that too. Still can't decide if I want to root though....

Do they have the stock ROM with the new update minus the bloatware? I am aslo interested in call recorder and hotspot. Wanted to put the phone thru all the rigors during my 14 day return period before sticking my feet into the root waters again. Also, the extreme power saving option would be nice, being that i am on a Verizon phone.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Do they have the stock ROM with the new update minus the bloatware? I am aslo interested in call recorder and hotspot. Wanted to put the phone thru all the rigors during my 14 day return period before sticking my feet into the root waters again.

The new update? You mean 4.4.3, or just a sense update? There are stock tweaked roms available, like ARHD (Android Revolution HD)

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The new update? You mean 4.4.3, or just a sense update? There are stock tweaked roms available, like ARHD (Android Revolution HD)

I was referring to the software update 1.55.605.2, although it really didn't add much to the phone.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I was referring to the software update 1.55.605.2, although it really didn't add much to the phone.

I'm pretty sure ARHD is based off that build number. You'd have to do more research to confirm though