Sleep Mode - will one still get notifications?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've searched, but decent results were lacking. So, do you use the Sleep Mode option? If you do use it, does it seem to still deliver notifications etc. even if you're not using the device (like during the night)?

Thanks in advance

Ivan

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
You still get them but just won't hear them and your phone won't light up. From what I've experienced with it so far.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've searched, but decent results were lacking. So, do you use the Sleep Mode option? If you do use it, does it seem to still deliver notifications etc. even if you're not using the device (like during the night)?

Thanks in advance

Ivan

Do you mean the do not disturb option?

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
No, it is the one in Battery Manager / Sleep Mode.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have this setting on, but to be honest, when I wake up in the morning I don't pay attention on the notification led. I just turn on the screen and look if I have any notifications at all.
The M8 won't turn on the screen anyway for incoming notifications..(unless you install Nils floating panel)

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ah, thanks. I was more concerned with having this option off. Then while I've not touched the device in over X period, it wouldn't 'receive' new items, and thus not notify me via the LED.
Yep, over thinking it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa