so... I finally got m8 (on t-mo)

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to those of who replied my thread earlier: I love HTC , but still have not bought One (M8) ...because of the camera
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ll-have-not-bought-one-m8-because-camera.html

Today I walked into the store again to check out and phone and asked some questions. I Finally chose t-mo m8 coz:
1. photos from latest photo thread look nice! On those review sites... there isn't too much difference between m8 and the rest.
2. guy told me the updates are pretty fast nowadays especially with htc advantage
3. i can still text and use data if i am overeseas
4. the phone is just so damn sexy in my hands

so far here is my impression of the phone:
* actually like the bottom black bar on the bottom. on s3, i have to reach my thumb all the way to the bottom to hit menu button. now it's easier coz menu is higher.
* FAST UI...holy crap this thing is like everyone said... no lag what so ever ... coming from s3, this feels like iphone to be honest
* I was in a car and watched NBA live stream from orange county to LA in ~30 min drive... I only lagged for 1 or 2 times by 0.5sec ... s3 lagged every other min
* battery is impressive so far... after 30min of streaming NBA game... the bar stayed at same place... I was shocked...
* I had to turn on wifi blue tooth and stream the game to drain the last 13% battery
* camera seems interesting. I already knew what to expect, kind of. So far it seems to have alot of range when I meter which is pretty cool. Will do more test soon.
* love the double tap to wake!
* everything just downloaded automatically... even my background as soon as my data network is connected... amazing!
* so far extremely happy with the phone. Glad I chose m8

btw:
does anyone know how can change my multi-task button to menu button? such a waste coz i never use this multitask function

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: so... I got me a htc a"M8"zing (on t-mo) Finally

Congrats on the new phone :)
Anything you don't like?

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

thanks!

so far I just dont like:
1. the multi task button. it is useless. I want to change it to menu. On a few apps I press the menu key ALOT and without the menu key, i have to reach all way top to hit the three dot icon. Which can be pretty annoying.

2. the contacts back ground is white... I even changed the theme to the dark one... but it's still white! wtf? I dont like white background coz its too bright in dark and it wastes battery

3. power button on top. i have owned a htc before so it's not so much of an issue for me. but i just got used to side power button on s3 after using it for a year.

4. the LED indicator seems kind of bright when the power is low

5. the U-focus doesn't seems to work as well as I like. It worked fine on my first test, failed hard on my 2nd attempt. It blurred too much of my foreground area

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

1. I used to think this as well, but I find myself using the multitask button a lot. Beats having to long press a button. There might be an app in the Play Store that has a settings option lower on the screen
2. A black background will not use less battery. That is only true on phones with AMOLED displays.
3. That can be quite annoying.
4. Makes sense that they'd want to save battery though :p

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

for black background, i guess it's more of a personal preference then. i think it's easier on the eyes. and it looks better imo

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

for black background, i guess it's more of a personal preference then. i think it's easier on the eyes. and it looks better imo
I agree, I have most apps using night/dark mode. I also get the benefit of less battery drain though :)