HTC One (M8) No 3G of death

yuppicide

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
So I viewed a post here or on XDA Developers a few days ago about the "No 3G of death" and I replied that my phone had FA in the serial number and it worked fine.

Today I'm driving to work and it says "Unable to establish a wireless data connection. LTE: EMM-65535 IP: 67".

I was on Wifi when I left my house, an hour later I get to work and I can't connect to Wi-Fi at my office. The password never changes, so I should be able to get on and I know it works, because I just connected a guest at our office yesterday to the wireless.

"Unable to connect due to incorrect password or network issues."

What to do?

EDIT: If a new phone is suggested, will I be able to backup my saved games with Titanium Backup? How do I get them from one phone to another? I really only care about one game, don't want to lose it's progress.

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: No 3G of death

Move your games to your SD card if you can and that might help (I'm pretty sure it would, I've just never tried it)

Posted via Android Central App

JoeMimic

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I've got a very similar thing going on right now. My phone has gotten service just fine up until Tuesday coming into work and now where I work and anywhere within a half mile radius it basically refuses to get service. It will sporadically (and by sporadically I mean three to four times a night) will let texts that have been sent to me come through. Otherwise I can't do anything no texts, calls, internet, nada. When I go home or to another part of town I get 3G/4G LTE the whole shabangabang.

I've gotten the same LTE error you have as well and I have a ticket open with Sprint I'm just not sure what's going on. It makes no sense.

yuppicide

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, I think I solved the problem already. It was a Sprint billing problem. Partially my fault. At least my Sprint service is back as of now.

JoeMimic

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Sorry, I think I solved the problem already. It was a Sprint billing problem. Partially my fault. At least my Sprint service is back as of now.

Well that's good! I actually asked about that as well and they said my account was fine with no billing issues so I'm really stumped and they aren't much help at all.

yuppicide

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

Well what happened to me is they have a $150 spending limit on Sprint. So, I figured okay I can pay part of my bill and let it go for a few weeks until I get paid again. I only owed $30 more. I spoke with a customer service person who explained to me "spending limit" and "bill" are two separate things. They put a note on my account that I can pay in 2 weeks when I get paid on the 16th. So, in the future when my bill is due I need to pay it all. No problem. Lesson learned.

My WiFi won't connect now. :( But I think I'll reset the router at work and be fine. That happened once before.

mswlogo

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Billing problem won't shutdown WIFI. All my deactivated phone work fine over WIFI (except of course calling).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty