Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By cwbcpa
  • 1 Post By fatboy97
  • 1 Post By Anubis
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    16,561 Global Posts

Default Launchers

Morning All -

So you have your new, fancy HTC One M8, and have decided to install a launcher.

Which launcher did you install? Share images, too. I'm looking for ideas on best launcher to use. I want to get rid of Blink Feed. Thanks.

Default Re: Launchers

I have always used Nova Prime. I am giving Blink feed a try but I don't seem to use it much. I'll give it another week or so and see but I'll probably go back to nova.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    bigoldthor likes this.

I used Blink for a while, but had to load Nova again (and yes, I have Prime). The only thing I miss with Nova is the Sense main clock/weather widget. I really wish I could access that with Nova, but I just downloaded Beautiful Widget.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    bigoldthor likes this.

I have been using Action Launcher. I'm using that along with home button launcher for access to Google now and BlinkFeed.

Sent from HTC One M8 Using AC Forums app

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Does using a launcher affect battery life vs stock? What I mean is if I use Nova is HTC's still running unscene in the background. So far l like the stock HTC but don't use the blinkfeed panel on the very left screen at all and removed it. Still there's more customizing I'd like and I'm guessing Nova can do lots of that.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Does using a launcher affect battery life vs stock? What I mean is if I use Nova is HTC's still running unscene in the background. So far l like the stock HTC but don't use the blinkfeed panel on the very left screen at all and removed it. Still there's more customizing I'd like and I'm guessing Nova can do lots of that.

I have never noticed any effect on battery life on any other phone. I would assume it's the same on this phone.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

ADW and Nova have always been my go-to launchers for Andoid. I use the paid versions rather than the free versions.

I'm also another fan of Nova (Prime), but I loaded the Google Now Launcher (GNL) so I could play with the hot word detection. GNL doesn't offer much in the way of customization, but since I'm rooted I thought I would see what magic the devs had done with GNL.

I was about to change back to Nova when I came across a Xposed Module called "Xposed GEL Settings". This module allows many of the same customization's for GNL that Nova has.

It's been about a week now on GNL and I haven't found anything I miss about Nova, plus being able to say "ok google" to bring up search is pretty cool.

GT

Some Buzz

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Launchers-1399842926733.jpg   Launchers-1399842946950.jpg   Launchers-1399842967790.jpg   Launchers-1399842985000.jpg   Launchers-1399843073451.jpg  

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    I have never noticed any effect on battery life on any other phone. I would assume it's the same on this phone.

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna give Nova a try.

cwbcpa likes this.

Global Posts
    1,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by freddyttt View Post
    Some Buzz

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Dear gawd. I got a MySpace flashback with that post

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.

Garyt you can get ok Google to work with any launcher. . I'm using it with stock. . I dont recall name of the program that changes it. I'll post it back if you're interested.

Tried Nova free and it didn't have action note widget or same weather widget. . Bummer... getting ready to try apex.

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson421 View Post
    Garyt you can get ok Google to work with any launcher. . I'm using it with stock. . I dont recall name of the program that changes it. I'll post it back if you're interested.
    Whats the program? Thats the big thing Im missing...

You do know you can just remove blinkfeed, right? Just asking, as I didn't see that option mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson421 View Post

Tried Nova free and it didn't have action note widget or same weather widget. . Bummer... getting ready to try apex.
    Is it OpenMic+ for Google Now? I had that installed on my Note II for a bit, but it does take hit on your battery life and memory.

GT