Frustrated Newbie ot Android...

AlpineAddict

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks

100% Newbie here so please be gentle... Having just left the iPhone after god knows how long and now on my new HTC One M8, I am slightly frustrated about a few things... Not frustrated in a "Why didn't I just stick with my iPhone" way, more frustrated out of not understanding...

So, hopefully I can keep this thread going over the next couple of weeks with questions that I may have... please... First and foremost...

Frustration No.1 - I have downloaded Skype as I use it daily for my work... However, when I am using it on my Mac, my phone beeps also every time a message pops up, and it's driving me mad, and I can't for the life of me work out how to actually 'close' it... I have been to the 'recent Apps' section and got rid of everything in there, but Skype was not even showing... Help please !!!!

Frustration No.2 - in my 'Apps' section, I seem to be using 10gb of my 16gb storage. Can you get rid of a lot of the default Apps that I know I am never going to use... Amazon, Kindle, etc. etc...

Thx loads in advance folks...

AlpineAddict

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Ahh ok... I did see that you could actually sign out, but I figured, being an old iPhone user, that simply closing the App was all you would need to do to 'close' it.. Sorted I think...

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Removing Stock Apps:

In the past, it's always been that you cannot remove the standard apps unless you don't want to ever receive a new update. The update will not install if part of the original program is missing. At least that's how it use to work. I don't know about the M8. What we always recommend is "freezing" the stock apps, but that will not remove them from your device.

If you've already used 10GB, I'd say that you downloaded something as the apps are not that big. Plug the phone into your computer, and browse to the download folder on the phone. If you're using a Mac, you'll have to install the HTC sync software that will pop up on your computer when you first plug it in, then open the sync software to browse the phone's folders.

I'm assuming that you have an SD Card installed? If so, make sure that your camera is saving on the SD Card. Open the camera, select the three dots on the left, select the gear wrench (settings) on the right, scroll down to Storage and select SD Card. You should now have a folder on your SD Card that says DCIM and one on your Phone that says DCIM. (A little useless knowledge, Digital Camera IMages) Using a computer, move all the photos from the phone folder to the SD Card folder.

Like I said, the apps shouldn't be more than a few megabytes, so I don't see how you could have 10 gigabytes, unless you have 1 really big special app.

AlpineAddict

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi bud

Thx for these tips... I downloaded a bunch of apps last night that I used to have on my iPhone but only about 10/15... Nothing I thought would take up 10gb... No SD card yet (plan to get one) but no photos taken yet either...

Thx again for the help... will see how I get on

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
My only frustration is the sound during phone calls. I must have something set wrong ... Everything else is exceptional!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app