May 18, 2014
Visit site
I got my phone last week. I didnt make a lot of calls with it yet but i just noticed that when i am talking on the phone ( no loud speaker , no headset...) i can hear some small buzzing sound , more like some vibration at certain frequencies, these tend to fade away or go away when i reduce the call volume. I didnt had the chance to try another phone. When i call someone and its ringing, we can also hear this small buzzing sound ( with the ringing frequency).... And some words from the called person also made these buzzing noises. its really no noticeable but now that i noticed it.... I just need to know if someone else have them . ( at full call volume) so i can decide if i ask or not for a replacement...

Thank you

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Play music through the external speakers to see if you can pin this down as an internal resonance (loose guts) or if it's something in the actual audio.

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Play music through the external speakers to see if you can pin this down as an internal resonance (loose guts) or if it's something in the actual audio.

So i just tested it the small bzzzz sound is till noticiceable when on loud speakers but i should put it near my ear to hear it.Same Speaker (near the camera).. so i think i will ask for a replacement

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So i just tested it the small bzzzz sound is till noticiceable when on loud speakers but i should put it near my ear to hear it.Same Speaker (near the camera).. so i think i will ask for a replacement

Let us know if this fixed it. I have one on Verizon with the exact same behavior as you describe (first noticed it during phone calls). I bought this phone second hand, so I'm not sure I could get a replacement or repair, but I guess I'd like to know if it is a design flaw or a defect in some units.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Let us know if this fixed it. I have one on Verizon with the exact same behavior as you describe (first noticed it during phone calls). I bought this phone second hand, so I'm not sure I could get a replacement or repair, but I guess I'd like to know if it is a design flaw or a defect in some units.

Any update? Also, I noticed that the issue is diminished when I hold the phone lengthwise, parallel to the floor and completely gone when I hold it upside down (first noticed this when on he phone in bed last night). At this point, it looks like a hardware issue, but what could it be? I'd rather not return it as the display on mine has no apparent defects (had a bad track record of display issues with other phones in the past), so if anyone has had a similar issue and fixed it, let me know!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty