I have changed from Apple to HTC

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My biggest gripe was iTunes and converting the music or the movies before syncing. Now I can drag and drop.

Posted via Android Central App

Yep, dragging and dropping FTW. Also, imo, Android is just more advanced overall than iOS. Apps can't solve everything Apple. :p

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I try so hard to get across how much Android is ahead of iPhone or IOS to a co-worker. So I guess the sheep will keep eating the grass from Apple's front yard. I would never deny Apple from it being the first real smartphone of the market though. It's just lagged behind due to non openness many years. And that is why Android is going to stay in the front run for a long time coming.

Naptownlove77- HTC ~⊙N?~🇲8

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I try so hard to get across how much Android is ahead of iPhone or IOS to a co-worker. So I guess the sheep will keep eating the grass from Apple's front yard. I would never deny Apple from it being the first real smartphone of the market though. It's just lagged behind due to non openness many years. And that is why Android is going to stay in the front run for a long time coming.

It's hard to convince people to switch over. I tried to get friends and some family but still a no go. Guess their scared lol.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to convince people to switch over. I tried to get friends and some family but still a no go. Guess their scared lol.

The people I try to convert hardly ever have a reason to stay with apple. They're just stubborn and say they just want an iPhone.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The people I try to convert hardly ever have a reason to stay with apple. They're just stubborn and say they just want an iPhone.

My GF loves my M8 and she also has an iPhone, but many iPhone users are sold on the simplicity of the OS and they're comfortable with its integration with iTunes. I think my GF would switch if she thought that she could move all of her music from iTunes to her new Android phone and keep that seamless connection. I don't truly know how to do that for her in an easy way. It can't be complicated or she won't bite. She loves my M8 and all of its nice features. Any suggestions on how to move her music from iTunes to Android in an easy and seamless way?

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
My GF loves my M8 and she also has an iPhone, but many iPhone users are sold on the simplicity of the OS and they're comfortable with its integration with iTunes. I think my GF would switch if she thought that she could move all of her music from iTunes to her new Android phone and keep that seamless connection. I don't truly know how to do that for her in an easy way. It can't be complicated or she won't bite. She loves my M8 and all of its nice features. Any suggestions on how to move her music from iTunes to Android in an easy and seamless way?

I know u can open a window for your phone storage and drag the music or playlist over from the actual iTunes app.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Play Music Manager probably can help with this. Download it, upload your music there, and it will help reconvert many of the file types.
From there, you can either redownload the files to your PC to allow plain drag and drop, or you can stream or pin the song from within the Play Music app.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Play Music Manager probably can help with this. Download it, upload your music there, and it will help reconvert many of the file types.
From there, you can either redownload the files to your PC to allow plain drag and drop, or you can stream or pin the song from within the Play Music app.

This might be a good option, I know how to do it, but I have to be able to make it easy so that she can do it herself. If she can't do it easy she won't switch to Android....such is the mentality of iSheep! And, I tease her about it often!

JibbaJabba10

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Got Iphone5 and getting my M8 end of this month.
Friends at work are waiting for the iphone6.
Had a 4 and now 5 and cant wait to move across to Android!
Think I've researched the M8 to death. Practically watched every vid on YouTube on it. The release of the E8 threw a slight curve ball but still going for the M8! :)

RockyMtnRedRaider

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Got Iphone5 and getting my M8 end of this month.
Friends at work are waiting for the iphone6.
Had a 4 and now 5 and cant wait to move across to Android!
Think I've researched the M8 to death. Practically watched every vid on YouTube on it. The release of the E8 threw a slight curve ball but still going for the M8! :)

You won't regret the decision. Best phone I have ever owned, hands down.

MADDROID1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Last month I switched from iPhone 4S (had it nearly 4 years) to Samsung Galaxy S5. I am tickled pink! Hated being bound up by what Apple thinks I should be able to do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This might be a good option, I know how to do it, but I have to be able to make it easy so that she can do it herself. If she can't do it easy she won't switch to Android....such is the mentality of iSheep! And, I tease her about it often!

Once all the files are converted, which Play should help with, all transferring can be done by drag and drop.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I was actually all ready to go android and get a M8. After WWDC I'm unsure now considering apple seems to be addressing most if my issues with iOS. I'm unsure what advantages android has still. I don't mean that in a troll way, I'm honestly curious to know.

oaklandm

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to reinstall the firmware yourself like you can with ios devices? I know you can factory reset. Just wondered as when I was on the other side I liked to do a fresh install of the firmware once in a while.
I'm not rooted by the way :)

bgj1010

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Siri is overrated. Use the Google Speech microphone search feature. Much more reliable than Siri, as far as results and not having a crappy sense of humor. ie, you can't ask Google why the chicken crossed the road and get a joke answer, like Siri...

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

After iOS 8 hits, how much of a advantage does android still have? Seems like it's pretty much a match now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress