Flac Audio Files

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am back in the android game after taking along hiatus after my last experience with the Driod X. I just purchased my M8 last night which I am really excited about, unfortunately I've run by an issue trying to upload flac music files to my phone. For some odd reason when I attempt to upload music with HTC Sync Manager it won't recognize flac files, it uploads the MP3 files with no problems though.
Has anyone experience this issue or does anyone know of a better software to sync music? While Sync Manager is somewhat efficient at syncing MP3 files it rather rough around the edges on my MacBook Pro. Any tips would be much appreciated, thanks

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am back in the android game after taking along hiatus after my last experience with the Driod X. I just purchased my M8 last night which I am really excited about, unfortunately I've run by an issue trying to upload flac music files to my phone. For some odd reason when I attempt to upload music with HTC Sync Manager it won't recognize flac files, it uploads the MP3 files with no problems though.
Has anyone experience this issue or does anyone know of a better software to sync music? While Sync Manager is somewhat efficient at syncing MP3 files it rather rough around the edges on my MacBook Pro. Any tips would be much appreciated, thanks

If you have windows installed on your MBP, you can run Sync Manager with Windows in Coherence mode on your MBP.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little embarrassed. I'm a professional audio engineer (live), and I had no idea what a Flac format was. Now I know...lol. My suggestion would be to just drag and drop those files to your phone. I never use HTC Manager for anything. I've just never needed to.. I'm curious if the stock player will recognize and play those files. Please let us know when you find out. Enjoy your new phone, it is a monster!

TornadoRed

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I drag and drop FLAC files to my One (M7). For me, it is easier to keep them in a dedicated folder since I have some files duplicated between FLAC and mp3. Not the best answer, I know. I found the HTC Sync Manager to be clunky, so I'm using iSyncr for keeping music files and playlists updated from iTunes.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little embarrassed. I'm a professional audio engineer (live), and I had no idea what a Flac format was. Now I know...lol. My suggestion would be to just drag and drop those files to your phone. I never use HTC Manager for anything. I've just never needed to.. I'm curious if the stock player will recognize and play those files. Please let us know when you find out. Enjoy your new phone, it is a monster!

The stock player does recognize FLAC.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I never use a syncing program when I can get stuff done just as easily by just dragging and dropping files.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Graham Sutton

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
As mentioned I just use drag and drop for all data including FLACs - caveat being that as I'm on a mac the phone won't show up in the finder, so I have to use Sync Manager. I just go to the files tab within the prog and drop em in there.

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions guys but the thing is my MacBook doesn't recognize the phone so I can't simply drag and drop the files:-\.
The software seems to be the only way my phone can receive files via USB, my phone doesn't even appear on the driver on the finder box. I did try syncing and transferring files via bluetooth and it transferred successfully but it transferred at snail speed like 30kbps lol.
I have googled and tried seeking a solution, it appears some previous M7 users experienced the same troubleshooting which could be solved by going to the phone settings>developer options. Our M8 unfortunately doesn't have developer options on the settings, it appears you could've clear up USB de-buging and other stuff and appeared to have worked on their Macbook. I am currently running the latest version of Maverick on Macbook not sure if that matters at all. I am sure its something simple and I will laugh later not believing how it easy that was to fix it but as of now, I am a little frustrated :mad:

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
If you have windows installed on your MBP, you can run Sync Manager with Windows in Coherence mode on your MBP.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I may do that one day and run Parallels, I think thats name of the software.

It is a monster, loving it other than my lil issue.

I drag and drop FLAC files to my One (M7). For me, it is easier to keep them in a dedicated folder since I have some files duplicated between FLAC and mp3. Not the best answer, I know. I found the HTC Sync Manager to be clunky, so I'm using iSyncr for keeping music files and playlists updated from iTunes.

I may give iSyncr a shot thx

The stock player does recognize FLAC.

Sure does, So far I transferred one flac file that was 600mb @ 30-40 kbps via bluetooth...lol

Yeah, I never use a syncing program when I can get stuff done just as easily by just dragging and dropping files.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Wish could be that easy

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions guys but the thing is my MacBook doesn't recognize the phone so I can't simply drag and drop the files:-\.
The software seems to be the only way my phone can receive files via USB, my phone doesn't even appear on the driver on the finder box. I did try syncing and transferring files via bluetooth and it transferred successfully but it transferred at snail speed like 30kbps lol.
I have googled and tried seeking a solution, it appears some previous M7 users experienced the same troubleshooting which could be solved by going to the phone settings>developer options. Our M8 unfortunately doesn't have developer options on the settings, it appears you could've clear up USB de-buging and other stuff and appeared to have worked on their Macbook. I am currently running the latest version of Maverick on Macbook not sure if that matters at all. I am sure its something simple and I will laugh later not believing how it easy that was to fix it but as of now, I am a little frustrated :mad:

To get to developer options go to settings>about>software>more and tap repeatedly on the build number.

This should show a toast with a countdown to the dev options being enabled

My M8 posted this

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
To get to developer options go to settings>about>software>more and tap repeatedly on the build number.

My M8 posted this
I think you tap it 7 times. A message pops up saying you are now a developer. Go to developer options and check USB de-bugging. Hopefully your Mac will see it.

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

My M8 posted this

I think you tap it 7 times. A message pops up saying you are now a developer. Go to developer options and check USB de-bugging. Hopefully your Mac will see it.

Thanks guys!
I did just that, de-bugged it and nothing tis sux. I also rebooted took off fast reboot in the power settings for you can enable full restart and it did no good, maybe I got a dud

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys!
I did just that, de-bugged it and nothing tis sux. I also rebooted took off fast reboot in the power settings for you can enable full restart and it did no good, maybe I got a dud

How about connecting your SD card directly to your MacBook via whatever option necessary and dragging and dropping there.

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
So as silly as it maybe after much frustration you can simply add music files to SD card but don't bother trying to put them in specific folders, just simply drag them and place under the Android folder. So in case you format it don't get caught up on the many folders android makes after formatting your sd card. Still sucks my MacBook Pro can't identify my phone as driver that way I can have complete control where my files can be saved but meh, hopefully I find a solution later but as of now this works just fine.

Robgo

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't really understand the use of HTC sync manager. I have disabled it on my phone so it doesn't pop up when I plug it in. I just drag my flac files to the SD card on the phone. It is much more efficient. Why use sync manager when you can just drag and drop? I ditched my first iphone quick because I was forced to use horrible itunes and unable to drag/drop. HTC sync manager reminds me of the same. I'm just glad I can still drag/drop.

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
So for whatever reason HTC SM couldn't detect my phone but they uploaded an update that fix it and now my phone is syncing with HTC SM. Furthermore I figured out how to sync Flac audio files to my phone and you can option to drop on SD card through HTC SM.

Here is little FYI if you're using Mac OS and your only option is HTC SM.

- You can only drop a FLAC file under your Files tab, don't try to drop it on the Music tab- it will not sync.

5434a4e0-67d1-429b-854f-80f144f43ae0.png

I drop my file under the Music folder and it worked:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87