HTC One M8 Android update on Verizon

mcal24

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android update on Verizon

Anything on a power saving update? Kind of ridiculous when it was a selling point of this phone, yet Verizon has yet to update it.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Anything on a power saving update? Kind of ridiculous when it was a selling point of this phone, yet Verizon has yet to update it.

I was unpleasantly surprised too when I found out that Verizon still hasn't put out an extreme power saver patch. Yesterday I bought my HTC One m8 (which I'm very much enjoying, and is a huge improvement over the Samsung Stratosphere I was using). The Extreme Power Saving mode is one of the main features that had convinced me to get this phone. I had read the article from March about US carriers having not having Extreme Power Saving out at that time, but I had expected it to be out by now given that four months have passed. Its ridiculous that Verizon can't manage to get it out in a timely manner. Given how much time has passed I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for something they may never release. Maybe when Android L comes out people will no longer have to put up with carriers stripping features that the manufactures created for the devices.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I was unpleasantly surprised too when I found out that Verizon still hasn't put out an extreme power saver patch. Yesterday I bought my HTC One m8 (which I'm very much enjoying, and is a huge improvement over the Samsung Stratosphere I was using). The Extreme Power Saving mode is one of the main features that had convinced me to get this phone. I had read the article from March about US carriers having not having Extreme Power Saving out at that time, but I had expected it to be out by now given that four months have passed. Its ridiculous that Verizon can't manage to get it out in a timely manner. Given how much time has passed I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for something they may never release. Maybe when Android L comes out people will no longer have to put up with carriers stripping features that the manufactures created for the devices.

That's very wishful thinking. I would agree with you though if I thought that were likely. EPS mode is something I would like to see too. It hasnt been dire to me because I've managed to get by without it with no battery issues at all (love the battery life on this phone) but just having the option for those situations would be great.

and Android L? HTC might have it ready by september - october but we wont get it until December - january on Verizon. Lets not kid ourselves here.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

I would agree with you though if I thought that were likely. EPS mode is something I would like to see too. It hasnt been dire to me because I've managed to get by without it with no battery issues at all (love the battery life on this phone) but just having the option for those situations would be great.
and Android L? HTC might have it ready by september - october but we wont get it until December - january on Verizon.

The 4.4.3 update that recently got released in Europe has the EPS under the Sense Experience optimization area. Maybe when Verizon pushes the 4.4.3 update out we might finally get it packaged with it. :-!
European HTC One M8 gets Android 4.4.3 update | Android Central

I recently read a post on the Verizon community forum where people had said that Verizon had told them they are not going to be releasing Extreme Power Saving Mode on the HTC One m8 phones because it apparently causes network connectivity issues on the Verizon Network.:-\

Last edited:

Picasso71

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm currently downloading the update now. It said in the description that it includes EPS as well. But I'm guessing everyone knows this by now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii