mirroring using chromecast on m8

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody been able to do so yet? I got the latest chromecast update 1.7.4 but no sign of cast screen icon

Posted via T-Mobile HTC One M8

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, most likely there is some hardware or software conflict that is interfering with mirroring working smoothly and they are working on overcoming that. It's not like they would not support it if it would work. It's in their best interest to get it working on as many devices as can handle it. Since the M7 is supported, there are clearly differences between the M7 and M8 that are causing problems currently with the feature.

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, most likely there is some hardware or software conflict that is interfering with mirroring working smoothly and they are working on overcoming that. It's not like they would not support it if it would work. It's in their best interest to get it working on as many devices as can handle it. Since the M7 is supported, there are clearly differences between the M7 and M8 that are causing problems currently with the feature.

True that...good looking on the info

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Aha, thanks! I was relying on the article in AC. I'll need to let the editor know to correct it.

EDIT: Never mind, I just hadn't read far enough down in the article. He makes a distinction between native support and Chromecast app support. Don't mind me, I'm just derping left and right today!

Vancedroid

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Any idea where one might check for status reports on this? I thought I was so clever giving my wife my M7 and buying the M8... well now she's got the last laugh...

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Any idea where one might check for status reports on this? I thought I was so clever giving my wife my M7 and buying the M8... well now she's got the last laugh...

The link I posted above should be updated when new devices are supported. They already added the LG G3, which was not originally on the list.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted there is an app over on XDA that will enable Chromecast mirroring on pretty much any device. Working flawlessly on my m8. I can't remember the rules about posting outside links here but you can google for it or pm me.

I play with my food

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted there is an app over on XDA that will enable Chromecast mirroring on pretty much any device. Working flawlessly on my m8. I can't remember the rules about posting outside links here but you can google for it or pm me.

I play with my food

Not tryna root my device..I'd rather wait for the official update release

LiTJ

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Today i got my chromecast mirroring my HTC one m8!

I didn't do anything, the cast symbol just appered on the screne while i was watching a film in Chrome.

Happy day =)

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Today i got my chromecast mirroring my HTC one m8!

I didn't do anything, the cast symbol just appered on the screne while i was watching a film in Chrome.

Happy day =)

Are u "casting" or "mirroring" because there's a difference between em...is your phone mirroring onto your tv

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
From LiTJ's description it sounds like they are just casting html5 video from a chrome browser, which of course is not mirroring. I don't have an M8 myself to see if anything has changed on the mirroring front.

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
From LiTJ's description it sounds like they are just casting html5 video from a chrome browser, which of course is not mirroring. I don't have an M8 myself to see if anything has changed on the mirroring front.

Yea nothing has changed with the m8...Google jus hasn't updated the mirroring feature into it yet smh

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Still no updates on this?
Just got chromecast and enjoying, but I would love to have mirror capability
Any body with news or ideas?