Material Design and Sense 6

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on getting the HTC One M8 soon. I'm wondering will Android L's material design still be on the phone even with Sense 6?

I currently have it and no there's no sign of Android L on the device..but wit the new updates that will come I'm sure it'll be on with the OTA update

Posted via T-Mobile HTC One M8

andrew202

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but that wasn't what I meant. I meant will Material Design still be on HTC One even with the skinned, Sense 6. Since Sense 6 is a ui over Android.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, but that wasn't what I meant. I meant will Material Design still be on HTC One even with the skinned, Sense 6. Since Sense 6 is a ui over Android.

Sure. Material Design is about design, and not operating system. You're already seeing it in Sense 6 if you use one of the docs apps, or the Chrome Beta. Or Google+.

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I too, was wondering about this. Will HTC scrap their custom skin when L is released? I doubt it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
As long as I don't have to switch over to those new home, back, multitasking buttons I'll be fairly happy. To hazard a guess, HTC will continue to evolve the UI, but they're not going to switch over to stock suddenly when L comes out.

Non HTC apps will be pure material design whenever they're updated though. You can get a look at this a bit with the newest play store update. It's still rolling out but you can always push the apk manually. Made the pages for individual apps much more material designy.

Sent from my HTC One M8