(M8) Do you Regret your choice ??

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I love the phone and I love what HTC is doing as a company. I had to swap my device out with HTC Advantage program because of a cracked screen and it was a flawless transaction. I love the camera, the speakers, the screen, the field of the device in my hand. All around its just a great phone.

That's not to say that it's perfect, because no phone really is. I wish that there were options for the status LED. I wish the camera didn't wash out so bad in really bright light, but I've also managed to set up some custom settings that minimize that. I wish the duo camera effects were available in more than just the auto mode. I have a problem sometimes with call waiting in that I never see the second call on my screen so I don't have the option to switch over to it. I can hear the beep in the background, but the only way to take that call is to hang up on the person I'm currently talking to and wait for the second call to continue ringing.

All in all some fairly minor issues and nothing any more substantial, and in many cases quite less substantial, then my wife's Note 4 or my kids iPhones and Moto G.

Posted via Android Central App

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Certainly wouldnt ever settle on a iphone. My old DNA is still nicer than any iphone Ive used. As far as the M8 goes, this is the best phone Ive used just beating out my DNA. Been there done that with the Galaxy phones and they dont compare. Their UI drags them down. This is pretty much the perfect phone for me. My only complaint is about the dot view case not having an actual black version. That would be perfect for my red phone, sadly not possible.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I like my M8, I just wish it had a better camera. I used my JUMP upgrade on this when my LG G2 started having weird battery issues that even a warranty replacement didn't help (perhaps an app issue?). I got the M8 and I was really happy with it, until I missed an important moment that I was trying to video (my brother lighting a candle in honor of his newborn son, I was taking the video to show my sis in law who was home with the baby) but the camera wouldn't turn on for a few seconds, and then when it did finally come on it wouldn't focus at all. I need something more dependable for those moments. Otherwise, the phone is pretty darn good. If I had it to do over, though, I would have kept plugging along with the G2 and then pick up the Note 4 on launch day. Now I have to wait 3 months after launch.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have mine up for sale, already bought a S5 Active, camera is better, but I miss the sound the M8 had. If they put a better camera in the M9, I will be back.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
No regrets from me either. I am, however looking very hard at the Galaxy Note 4 and the Note Edge. And now there is rumor of a 5.5 QHD HTC One M8 Max...oy!

morjoie

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
This is a fabulous phone - so, no regrets, not even a little bit. This phone had me at the red color (I got my phone from Verizon) the sd storage, (so handy for my music & pics) and those terrific boom speakers! I have been very pleased with battery life so far. And the speed with which this phone processes information is just amazing. Then I started checking out the Sense 6 overlay, expecting to be annoyed, only to be pleasantly surprised by how well HTC's additions worked with the Android OS. The display on this phone is just yummy-gorgeous and I'm even ok with the camera.

Since I first became acquainted with Android, I've had two phones that I thought were terrific and they both were made by HTC - the Droid Incredible and the m8. Samsung ruins their phones with their bloated software and, while Apple makes gorgeous phones, in terms of functionality, they are playing catch-up to Android, so no regrets there. The LG G3 sounds like a good phone, but I think the display is overly saturated (with pixels) which makes battery life suffer, so no regrets there. Then there's the matter of support after the phone sale. So far, HTC is working hard at being a great partner by releasing its core apps to the Play Store and working with the carriers (no matter how difficult) to issue OS updates in a timely manner. I can't say the same for Samsung or LG or Motorola/Lenovo. Nope, no regrets, not even a little bit. I am more than happy with the HTC One m8. :cool:

Last edited:

Kryton82

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Got the M8 yesterday and loving it so far, went from a S4 mini and only wish I dont it earlier. The only thing I don't like about it is the placement of the power button, would of preferred it at the side instead of the top.

dlrogers81

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
No regrets here, or complaints. I had the S5 for awhike, but traded back for my M8. The S5 just felt like it was lacking , and I think I actually like the camera better on my M8. I have taken some really nice shots.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Negative. I switched from blackberry a while back and started with an iphone 4S. I was in love and didn't know what i had been missing. Upgraded to iphone 5 then iphone 5S. I buy apps and movies so I had a decent collection of movies thru iTunes. Then switched to blackberry Z10...I sideloaded a bunch of stuff and always had the latest leaked OS. Then got tired of not having some of the few apps that iOS did so I went back to iphone 5S. Then my contract was up. I always liked the look of the HTC One and the M8 was even better. So I made the switch to the M8. I have great battery life (11 hrs of heavy use), I can customize the apps, and I saved all my movies to a 64GB sd card.

I have a metal bumper on it as it's slippery and even though the metal bumper adds bulk to it, it fits my big man hands a lot better and it feels like a man phone. I always liked the heaviness of the iphone 4S...so now that I have another heavy phone, I'm back in the comfort zone.

but no regrets!

claykitchens

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 5 to a (M8) about a week and a half ago. While I don't regret the decision entirely, I have consistently experienced poor cell reception in urban areas compared to my iPhone 5. I was even cutting in/out tonight while speaking to the AT&T CSR from my back yard. I feel that I would miss the functionality of the Android platform too much if I made the swap to an iPhone 6. I just wish I had better cell signal/reception.