HTC One M8 Keeps reminding me of the time ?!

Spov

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I recently got my new HTC One M8 (switched from Apple) and I am loving it. However since yesterday I have had this annoying time prompt every 15 minutes. I hear the phone speaking, "It is half past 7" etc.. and it is annoying after a while. Could anyone tell me how to turn this off ?

Thanks

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I saw this yesterday and figured someone would have responded that has an M8. I was thinking that maybe you have read out enabled in your Accessibility settings. I'm assuming you are using the stock clock and not an app but with the M8 maybe there is a setting for that, but I figure you've already looked around in there. You might also remove the clock and add it back to your home screen. That should put back your default settings just in case it was something you did by mistake.

Spov

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi VidJunky,

Thanks for your reply. I am using the stock clock and this happened after I left an alarm, and ever since then my HTC One reminds me of the time. I have removed the clock from my home screen and re-added it. Hopefully this will solve my problem.

Thanks

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Did it work? If not does it still do it with no clock on the screen? When i saw your reply the possibility that it's the phone and not the clock came to me.

Posted via Android Central App

Spov

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi VidJunky,

Thanks for all your help and I think it seems to work because I haven't heard anything since yesterday.

I also had another question about the HTC One for which you may know the answer. Since my HTC One M8 is locked to EE I wanted to unlock it. There are lots of sellers on ebay with positive ratings selling HTC One unlock codes for £2.99. Is this safe ?

PS: If you have a htc one m8 is your volume rocker very sensitive ? (buttons are pressed even when holding the phone)

Thanks again

Spov

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi VidJunky,

Thanks for all your help and I think it seems to work because I haven't heard anything since yesterday.

I also had another question about the HTC One for which you may know the answer. Since my HTC One M8 is locked to EE I wanted to unlock it. There are lots of sellers on ebay with positive ratings selling HTC One unlock codes for £2.99. Is this safe ?

PS: If you have a htc one m8 is your volume rocker very sensitive ? (buttons are pressed even when holding the phone)

Thanks again

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I don't have the M8 and I know not of the unlock codes. For that I would had over to XDA Developers. They are all about unlocking, rooting, and customizing, if anyone anywhere will know they're at XDA.

As for the volume rocker, I will say for the M7 that before I got my case the volume seemed very sensitive. Even now I find myself hardly touching it and silencing the phone. I didn't want to cover my beautiful phone but it's a very slick device.

Posted via Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the unlock codes, but the power and volume buttons on the M8 are known to be sensitive. I have a SUP Case II on mine and the buttons have a nice solid feel to them now and aren't mistakenly pressed much any more. If any, it's the power button, the volume ones never are.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo