How do I get the OTA update after unrooting?

Gemma McDonnell

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
how to get ota update after unrooting

right so I rooted my phone , don't really know much about rooting etc but the thought of getting a new rom and removing all the boatware was good so I rooted but didn't really get a new rom or remove any of the pre installed apps because a new update came out (ota) so I thought the only way to get the update was to unroot so I unrooted and but the cid number I needed I couldn't find which was orang001 1.70.73.2 but instead I used orang202 1.70.73.2 and now my bootloader is relocked , s on and I have tried to root again and now I cant cos it says the token is wrong , I cant update either because of a message that keeps popping up saying varirant system version , some one please help I just want my phone back to normal or even the new update , the pre installed apps are French aswell... what a mess please some one help ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-26-07-34-59[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-26-07-34-59[1].jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 12

Whyareallthegoodnamestaken

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to get ota update after unrooting

Hmmm damn. That's a nasty situation to have gotten yourself into. I can't help personally, but if no one else here can either you might want to try the XDA forum.

Jaydec89

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to get ota update after unrooting

I'm sure you backed up your phone right before your original root, right? You should just reset back to that point, and don't jack with something good if you don't know what you're doing.

Posted via the Android Central App