Android 14 Update...

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
Received the A14 update yesterday and ran everything through its paces today. I do notice one annoyance, one bug ,and a couple things that could have been done better, but overall, its problem-free.

Could Have Been Done Better:
* Smart Sidebar reset to the new-user screen. Happily, it didn't lose any of my settings.​
* 'Power saving mode' & 'Do Not Disturb' Quick Settings were enabled after update reboot, even though they were OFF before.​

Possible bug: O-haptics (Settings > Sounds & vibration) greatly increased in intensity. I previously had it set to approximately 40%, which gave mild but noticeable feedback. After the update, 40% seemed like 100% did previously! I can adjust it, but am unable to get back the old feel. With the slider at 0% it still feels like 50% did pre-update. That's too much for me, so I just disabled it. There are separate adjustments for ringing and notification, so it's not a big problem.

Annoyance: Android 14 enforces a new Google standard that prevents the installation or running of any application build against a target SDK less than 23. Unfortunately, the MacroDroid helper app (intended to overcome previous Android restrictions) must be built against an SDK of 21. This behavior is not unexpected, but annoying none the less. I was able to overcome this restriction by reinstalling the helper via ADB versus the normal Android package installer.

Overall, I give this update an 'A' (but not an A+).

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
One more thing I just noticed, and this is a definite improvement. Prior to update, the screen had a slight but noticeable blue-green tint (even with warm color temperature), especially noticeable on grays. Since the update,color rendition on the 1+ now agrees 100% with my Razr+ and Windows pc using the same wallpaper image.

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
He wanted to be the first with a video about the update, so he mentioned in another video that he installed an updated ROM from India, as they already had/have Android 14 there. It turned out that it was released in U.S. two days later. 😀

Reactions: ROE_HUNTER

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos