Incognito on public wifis

Lars75k

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi Boys and girls

I am a little feed up with being public all the time (or at least that I am tracked everywhere), so how do I set up my M8, so I'm only connecting to wifi at home and at work, but not everywhere else. Meaning that I’m incognito while out in the public, but when my phone recognises either my homewifi or workwifi, it connects? If I want to connect to other networks I can do it manually!

Thanks in advance

Best

Lars

dmoss7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Put the WIFI toggle widget on yout homescreen and turn your wifi on when you are at work or home, and off when you're away. And if you don't want to deal with having to do that manually, download tasker from the play store and set it up with location triggers to turn your wifi on at work and home, and off everywhere else. And by turning it off when you are away, you'll save some battery life because your phone won't be constantly searching for wifi to connect to.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi Boys and girls

I am a little feed up with being public all the time (or at least that I am tracked everywhere), so how do I set up my M8, so I'm only connecting to wifi at home and at work, but not everywhere else. Meaning that I’m incognito while out in the public, but when my phone recognises either my homewifi or workwifi, it connects? If I want to connect to other networks I can do it manually!

Thanks in advance

Best

Lars
Phones don't connect automatically to networks unless you've previously connected to that network and checked remember networks. If there's a network that you've connected to in a public place and no longer want to automatically connect to, click on Forget This Network (or what ever they call it in settings..)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non