How can I get my HTC One M8 to stream media to my Parrot MKi9200 in-car device?

A

AC Question

My HTC One M8 cannot stream media to my Parrot MKi9200 in-car device

Hello,

I have recently bought an HTC One M8, which I love. For the first three months, I'd say from November 2014 to February 2015, I had no issues streaming media from my phone to my car bluetooth device, the Parrot MKi9200. I was listening to music and podcasts through my stereo.

However, for the last couple of months I can no longer stream any media - Spotify, Podcasts. I can sync my contacts fine, and use my Parrot device to make and receive call fine as well via handsfree. The Parrot interface shows all the right information, it even shows the right media information such as my song that is playing. The phone is definitely connected, the song is playing on my phone, but the media is no longer playing through my car stereo.

Can anyone help me. I've tried un-pairing, resetting and I'm all out of ideas. I read somewhere that it might have something to do with a software update but I'm not all too certain about that.

Any advice would be much appreciated, even just some indication on where the issues lies; Parrot, HTC or my Golf...!

Thanks,

Rich

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My HTC One M8 cannot stream media to my Parrot MKi9200 in-car device

If you got a software update on the phone, it could be the cause. Then you'll need a matching software update on the radio to make it work again. (Bluetooth is VERY loosely "standardized" - it's basically only specified as a means of transferring data. The form that data takes, and whether one device will accept the data another device sends, isn't specified.)

As for unpairing, go to Bluetooth on the phone, tap the gear to the right of the radio and tap Unpair. Then try pairing them again.

The issue lies with the standard. If the Parrot is doing what it's supposed to do, and the HTC is doing what it's supposed to do, and what they do aren't the same thing, it doesn't work. Yet they both meed "Bluetooth standards". It's like putting diesel fuel into your gasoline-powered car and asking whether it's the tank the fuel comes from or the car's gas tank that are at fault - all that's specified is a pipe from the station's tank, a pump, a hose and a nozzle. Gas and diesel aren't part of the spec.

It's not the car - that just supplies power for the radio. Any storage battery with a little charge in it would work as well (or poorly).

Maxfli

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site

If you got a software update on the phone, it could be the cause. Then you'll need a matching software update on the radio to make it work again. (Bluetooth is VERY loosely "standardized" - it's basically only specified as a means of transferring data. The form that data takes, and whether one device will accept the data another device sends, isn't specified.)

As for unpairing, go to Bluetooth on the phone, tap the gear to the right of the radio and tap Unpair. Then try pairing them again.

The issue lies with the standard. If the Parrot is doing what it's supposed to do, and the HTC is doing what it's supposed to do, and what they do aren't the same thing, it doesn't work. Yet they both meed "Bluetooth standards". It's like putting diesel fuel into your gasoline-powered car and asking whether it's the tank the fuel comes from or the car's gas tank that are at fault - all that's specified is a pipe from the station's tank, a pump, a hose and a nozzle. Gas and diesel aren't part of the spec.

It's not the car - that just supplies power for the radio. Any storage battery with a little charge in it would work as well (or poorly).

MAXFLI- Completely UNTRUE and incorrect. Any Bluetooth device that supports A2DP will be able to stream to/from any other device that supports A2DP.
The issue is elsewhere. Possible hardware issue. Could have been something gone wrong with the update.

skid_

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

I also have the m8 one and mki9200 but I don't stream music to it, I have an iPod constantly connected, I'm on 5.0.1. Unfortunately parrot no longer update this model so it must be a software fault with HTC if it was working fine before hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non