Why doesn't my phone show up in Android Device Manager?

A

AC Question

My phone doesn't show up in Android Device Manager

I currently have a HTC One M8 and have tried using the app but when logged in, it doesn't show my phone and says something like no devices active or listed. Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My phone doesn't show up in Android Device Manager

Welcome to Android Central! On your computer, log into your Google account and go to the Google Play Store webpage. Click on the gear icon at the upper right, and click Settings. In your list of devices, make sure the M8 is checked on under Visibility.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On the phone, try going to Settings>Accounts​, remove your Google account, and add it back again.

Also, in Settings>Security>Device Administrators, make sure Android Device Manager is checked.

Todd C1

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering if this has been resolved as I am having the same problem with my Moto X (2nd gen.).

If I open Google Maps, it shows my location. If I open the Google Plus app and use the "Locations" option it shows my location. And, if I open the Android Device Manager app, it shows me on the map correctly, but it says my device is "Unavailable" and the options to Lock or Erase my device are grayed out. The Ring device option is enabled, but it does not ring my phone when I select it.

Tired every suggested solution I can find on the Internet, short of resetting the device, and nothing fixes it.

dlocks

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have heard that using the Internet Explorer browser in Windows can sometimes block you from seeing the device.
Maybe try a different browser.