Broken Screen - Should I repair

Tiriyon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
Yesterday I just finished paying for my M8, and today my screen broke.
The screen itself is not damaged, only the glass.
Now the repair will cost me somewhere between $150-$200.
I'd like to know if it's even worth repairing an M8 screen as I've seen tear-downs and the inside looks just awful to disassemble.

My main concern is what if after the repair the phone's performance will drop.

What's your saying?

thanks in advance

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Well, that just sucks, I have an M8 and love it, but if that happened to me, I'd put the money towards a new phone or make file a claim if your phone is insured.

Tiriyon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
It's not insured, does the 2 year factory insurance cover that?

P.S it's not a huge break, it's a crack on the glass which I can live with, seems more reasonable just to save the money for the next phone and live with an ugly crack for a while. I'm really waiting for project Ara to come out.

IamSavic

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I got mine fixed n the place ended up ****n my speaker up they replaced the speaker twice but it still crackles ****n bull****

I never had a problem with my speaker til I brought my cracked screen in for repair

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiriyon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
That's exactly my concern, the phone's build is so delicate and involve so much useless glue and tin foil stuff all around that messing it up is highly plausible.
Yup I will live with that crack until project ara will launch, maybe even a year after just so I could check up its features.

I use this One M8 like a laptop in uni with a physical mechanical keyboard. I doubt I'll get better performance on any other device on a low budget.

Ugh that crack just sucks, I really hold my hopes on Ara to deliver a strong platform for high end performance.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I never had a problem with my speaker til I brought my cracked screen in for repair

We ran into that after repairing a few M8 units, the speaker is actually good but its just not placed properly internally. That is what we found to be the issue after trouble shooting that problem. Low volumes its good but at high volumes it crackles. And this only happened to us on the top speaker.
The speaker is good, just needs to be adjusted.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly my concern, the phone's build is so delicate and involve so much useless glue and tin foil stuff all around that messing it up is highly plausible.
Yup I will live with that crack until project ara will launch, maybe even a year after just so I could check up its features.

I use this One M8 like a laptop in uni with a physical mechanical keyboard. I doubt I'll get better performance on any other device on a low budget.

Ugh that crack just sucks, I really hold my hopes on Ara to deliver a strong platform for high end performance.

This is what we use now, HTC One Parts

Prior to that we were simply buying the front scren which had the Glass/LCD glued together. The problem with that is we could never quite duplicate the exact amount of adhesive to keep the screen on with out having some sort of gap.
So we decided to spend more on the better parts and not deal with the adhesive issue.
The M8 are a pain to work on but watch some tear down videos and see if your comfortable working on them.

Tiriyon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Oh I'm definitely not comfortable to work on it myself, I don't even trust an expert to do that, and that is because I watched the tear-downs!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87