Why won't my phone fetch 5.0 (Lollipop) update - HTC One (M8)?

myles161

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Phone won't fetch 5.0 (Lollipop) update - HTC One (M8)

Hey guys,

I just had my One M8 replaced through insurance as my old one broke. Although everything works on the phone, it is still stuck on Android version 4.4.4 and no matter what I try, I can't get the phone to recognize that it needs the lollipop update, it just tells me there are no updates available. I have got in contact with both EE (my network provider) and HTC and neither of them were sure what was causing the problem and told me just to 'wait', but in my experience that just means they don't know how to solve the issue. I also swapped for a different handset from the original one that was delivered by the insurance just in case it was a faulty handset but the problem still prevails on the second handset as well. Have tried factory resets, network resets, wiping the cache partition etc. but nothing has worked as of yet. Any help/advice on how I can go about getting Lollipop would be much appreciated, having had it on my initial phone before it broke, being back on 4.4.4 kinda sucks. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone won't fetch 5.0 (Lollipop) update - HTC One (M8)

You should be able to find it on HTC's site I believe. I'd call or live chat with them to see why it is not working and if it is located on the htc site.

myles161

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

You should be able to find it on HTC's site I believe. I'd call or live chat with them to see why it is not working and if it is located on the htc site.

Yeah, I called them and they said that they can only recommend I wait for it to come through to my phone because doing it manually would void my warranty. They did mention there was a way to do it on the HTC dev site but they could not offer any help on doing it that way and when I looked at the site myself I couldn't find the update.

myles161

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

have you contacted their service centre? may be they can help you

Yeah, not really that helpful, only told me what I had already done and couldn't offer any solution apart from 'waiting for it to come through itself', but it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen IMO.

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I called them and they said that they can only recommend I wait for it to come through to my phone because doing it manually would void my warranty. They did mention there was a way to do it on the HTC dev site but they could not offer any help on doing it that way and when I looked at the site myself I couldn't find the update.

How would it void the warranty when they offer it on their site? That doesn't make sense to me and I'd be on the phone with your carrier or where the phone originated from, like where you got it. Complaining about something petty and get a refurb that has it if you are in a rush to get it is another route too. If it is under warranty then they would need to send a "like new" one out. Or just go ahead and do it manually from the site since it has been a while since they released it. I bought my M8 outright and am waiting to get the unlock code in an email then selling it. Not a huge fan of the phone with the new OS or the old although at first I was. I wouldn't wait for an update like you have been for sure. Best of luck and be well bud. hope it comes through.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member