I guess it's about time for a new battery in my M8...

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Phone shuts off at about 40%.. I power it back on and it says like 10-15% remaining. If I charge it it depletes quickly. Can anyone recommend a good oem replacemnet?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you going to replace it your self or have someone do it? Replaceing the battery on the M8 (and M7 and M9) require you to take the phone apart. Is this something your capable of doing?
If so there are several reputable cell phone parts places out there. I would list a couple but last time i did i was banned for a few days so ill avoid that for now.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Ima do it myself. I'm fairly handy and can do the job plus I have all the tools. Just feel my M8 has soo much life left but the battery is donezo

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I would have to agree with you about the M8 having lots of life left. I converted my TMO unit to a GPe and its been great.
I checked my primary parts suppliers and neither sell a battery for the M8. Weird.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
This is a good case illustration as to why so many of us really like phones with removable batteries. It makes usage life both safer and simpler.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is a good case illustration as to why so many of us really like phones with removable batteries. It makes usage life both safer and simpler.

I remember when Apple moved to the integrated battery design, then everyone complained about the expense and hassle of getting it replaced when it died. Thankfully some manufacturers still have removable batteries.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty