October 8th?

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't think this will happen, but maybe they'll do a refresh with a 64 bit processor or something?

Posted via the Android Central App

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty close to buying one but it's been out 6 months wondering if I should just wait for M9? My contract isn't up till march anyway.

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Gotta love the world of smartphones. Too many choices, and a landscape that changes so fast. Buying android phones now in general is a hard decision, especially with the upcoming 64bit beasts

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Rumours suggest the October 8th event is for the HTC One Eye: HTC prepping yet another One M8 variant, leaks suggest - CNET

Basically the HTC One M8 with a 13mp camera. Then there's another rumoured phone, the HTC Eye which is a 5.2" screen and a 8mp front and back facing camera.

Don't know how much weighting this rumor has, but reading reviews of the other HTC phones with a 13mp camera, the camera's aren't particularly any good anyway, so whatever.

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Who knows maybe they'll use better lenses, ois, HAAC stereo mics, and some other camera related features. Maybe it could be water resistant as well? Snapdragon 808/810 (a nerd can dream)? If the camera is significantly improved and the processor is at least marginally better (805 vs 801), I'd consider it. I like the camera and recording hardware that Nokia uses and HTC seems to be the only android manufacturer that is attempting to match Nokia's microphone quality and more or less, has matched Nokia. We'll have to wait and see though (sadly)!

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Who knows maybe they'll use better lenses, ois, HAAC stereo mics, and some other camera related features. Maybe it could be water resistant as well? Snapdragon 808/810 (a nerd can dream)? If the camera is significantly improved and the processor is at least marginally better (805 vs 801), I'd consider it. I like the camera and recording hardware that Nokia uses and HTC seems to be the only android manufacturer that is attempting to match Nokia's microphone quality and more or less, has matched Nokia. We'll have to wait and see though (sadly)!

Better camera lenses with OIS - Sure they could add that. But they need to improve their image processing more than the actual hardware. That's what's falling behind on the 13mp HTC phones.

Water resistant - Could happen, however if it retains the metal build of the One, then I'd think it might not.

Snapdragon 808/810 - Yep, keep dreaming :p Will probably see the 801 again, and if we're very lucky the 805.

Agree with what else you said. I'd consider picking it up if the camera is (substantially) improved over the One. Though I am afraid I'll lose the ultrapixel camera, which has been excellent for low light shots. Guess we'll see in two weeks.

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Better camera lenses with OIS - Sure they could add that. But they need to improve their image processing more than the actual hardware. That's what's falling behind on the 13mp HTC phones.

Water resistant - Could happen, however if it retains the metal build of the One, then I'd think it might not.

Snapdragon 808/810 - Yep, keep dreaming :p Will probably see the 801 again, and if we're very lucky the 805.

Agree with what else you said. I'd consider picking it up if the camera is (substantially) improved over the One. Though I am afraid I'll lose the ultrapixel camera, which has been excellent for low light shots. Guess we'll see in two weeks.

The ois would make the loss of ultra pixels easier to stomach though. I think htc could make some vast improvements to the image processing though!

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The ois would make the loss of ultra pixels easier to stomach though. I think htc could make some vast improvements to the image processing though!

The HTC One M7 has OIS in the camera. I read that they had to remove OIS for the One M8 because it screwed up with the duo camera.

I'd be interested to see what the One M8's camera with OIS would look like (dumping the duo camera setup). I really like the ultra pixel idea and take some really excellent low light shots, so I wouldn't want to lose that.

If HTC were able to make an 8mp pixel camera with the 2.0 micron sensor (ie; keeping it 'ultra pixel') then I'd be ecstatic.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I was just expecting the GoPro like camera and new tablet. Not a new phone. I just got the M8 last week. Hmmm. Wonder if I should return it while I can and wait to see what's announced.

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
The M8 is an excellent phone. It wouldn't be the worst idea to hold onto it, but I think it might be worth waiting and see what the last couple of announcements of the year yield. Sony's announcement will probably have something to do with the Z3 in America (or the Z4... Jokes), HTC may or may not have a phone (I'd like to see the M8 but waterproof and a kick-*** camera), and then finally, the Nexus phone that hopefully isn't the size of a door

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Well that might answer my question why all the M8 phones are shown as "No longer available" at the HTC US website. I was planning on getting an unlocked M8 for my Christmas present to me.

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Well that might answer my question why all the M8 phones are shown as "No longer available" at the HTC US website. I was planning on getting an unlocked M8 for my Christmas present to me.

That's really weird... Rumors ate pointing toward a new variant of the M8 rather than the m9

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
hopefully they drop the price of the m8 so i can get one... but ya wondering what the m9 will be like... i still got the og m7
no idea what the m9 will be like. if your due for an upgrade id hold out until the spring for it. then again the m8 has gpe roms and will get L right away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo