got my HTC m9 and love it!!!

damiand2002

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I just got my T-Mobile HTC m9 today and I love the way it looks! It looks much better in person. I have the edge and I was kind of doubting getting it but when I went to the store to see it this morning, I fell in love with it. Great build quality! Its actually way smoother than my galaxy edge. No lag whatsoever! I would totally recommend getting it. I see a lot of bad reviews of the phone but I must say this is an awesome phone!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I love my m9 too, my S6 edge is on its way back to ATT and they are sending me a replacement because mine was scratched like crazy out of the box. My M9 luckily is perfect, the hate for this phone is so blown out of proportion.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Me too got the T-Mobile M9 today, got the S6 10 days back and had canceled my M9 unlocked order since I had changed my mind. But couldn't control myself and bought the M9 from T-Mobile store today. Got to say I'm impressed.

1. Build quality, looks, feel of holding in the hand - Got to say M9 still feels so much nicer, premium to hold in the hand, more comfortable as well. Even though S6 stepped up a lot still feel M9 is the best.

2. Performance - Both are awesome and works well. Though had M9 only for a day personally will take Sense over touchwiz any day. Trust Sense and M9 to perform better over a period of time than S6.

3. Display - Both are great, some say S6 is the best and you can't use any other phone after using it ( Phil mentioned in today's podcast as well). I agree that S6 is the best but I was equally impressed about M9. At least I don't have any issues with M9 display and perfectly fine for a flagship.

4. Battery life - Well don't know about M9 since just got it today but honestly I don't care. Have fast charger in my car, home etc so doesn't bother me on both M9 and S6.

5. Sound - Well no contest, M9 by a landslide. But got to agree with others saying it's not that impressive compared to M8.

6. Camera - Well no contest, S6 by a landslide although haven't got the update on T-Mobile and haven't tweaked the camera setting still. But either way I'm not expecting miracles and probably not going to beat S6 or G4. That's fine for me since I'll be swapping between the S6 or iPhone 6 frequently.

7. Overheating - Got little warm while downloading lots of apps from play store and at the same time doing other tasks. Even S6 gets hot certain time so the overheating issue is a non issue for me. I'm not running benchmarks or I'm not a huge gamer so I'll be perfectly fine for daily usage.

8. Themes - Definitely better theming support and lot better themes with M9 than the S6. But that will improve with S6 as time passes so no big deal.

Conclusion:

If camera is important and you just don't want to worry about your photos after taking every shot then buy S6 and move on.

Otherwise, the M9 is a great phone and you will not be disappointed. You have to hold this to know how premium it feels. I wrote it off as well after reading all negative reports but had forgot how good HTC devices feel and how well sense performs. Give it a chance, go to your store and hold it, try it.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up an M9 last night. Had an S5 before and I am really liking this phone so far. The build quality feels amazing and it's lightning fast. I haven't messed around with the camera too much yet but from my limited experience with it, I'm not all that impressed. I still need to change to the XDA recommended settings and I'll play around some more with it. The display doesn't seem as nice as the S5 either. The S5 had a gorgeous display. As my first HTC phone, I'm very happy. I definitely like sense much more than touch Wiz. Looking forward to playing around more with this unit. Very awesome device.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Just so you know. Some of the M9 displays have not had time for the glue to set. It may take a couple of weeks for it to set so at first the screen may look a little tinted but it will improve over time. May not be the case in your unit.

Posted via Android Central App

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Well now looks like I just joined the club.. I just picked up my M9 today on AT&T!!! All I can say is that this is an upgrade in every way over my One Max. Now that I have actually used this and not relied solely on reviews, I don't see what all the fuss was about. I'll be putting the camera and battery through their paces shortly. It was between this and the Desire Eye, but the S6 was left out the running because of the lack of SD card slot. So far my only complaint is that the dot view case doesn't seem to close all the way in its own.

Adam_ation

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the happy M9 owners club guys :) just couldn't resist could you @Habiib :)

Don't suppose you have a glass screen protector on preventing the dot view closing fully do you Habiib? I heard the new dot view closes perfectly? - Adam

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Well now looks like I just joined the club.. I just picked up my M9 today on AT&T!!! All I can say is that this is an upgrade in every way over my One Max. Now that I have actually used this and not relied solely on reviews, I don't see what all the fuss was about. I'll be putting the camera and battery through their paces shortly. It was between this and the Desire Eye, but the S6 was left out the running because of the lack of SD card slot. So far my only complaint is that the dot view case doesn't seem to close all the way in its own.

I had a feeling you would get it after you saw it in person. As for the dot view case mine did that for a day or so but it's fine now.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the happy M9 owners club guys :) just couldn't resist could you @Habiib :)

Don't suppose you have a glass screen protector on preventing the dot view closing fully do you Habiib? I heard the new dot view closes perfectly? - Adam

Yup I actually do have a glass screen protector. It's not a big deal and seems to be getting better now! Aside from that is challenge anyone to find a better built phone than the M9..lol

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yup I actually do have a glass screen protector. It's not a big deal and seems to be getting better now! Aside from that is challenge anyone to find a better built phone than the M9..lol

What brand screen protector did you get? I went to my local AT&T store today. All they had were a couple Otterbox Defender cases, and the Bodyguardz glass protector. No thanks to both of those. Haha.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
What brand screen protector did you get? I went to my local AT&T store today. All they had were a couple Otterbox Defender cases, and the Bodyguardz glass protector. No thanks to both of those. Haha.

I got the Zagg tempered glass. I think it's OK except it doesn't cover the entire display.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I got the Zagg tempered glass. I think it's OK except it doesn't cover the entire display.

I haven't tried Zagg in a few years, but had the Bodyguardz on my iPhone 6 for a little while. After about a week the edges lifted up a little and got air underneath. Wasn't happy with it at all.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Just so you know. Some of the M9 displays have not had time for the glue to set. It may take a couple of weeks for it to set so at first the screen may look a little tinted but it will improve over time. May not be the case in your unit.

What the heck does the glue have to do with the tint of the display? Never heard this before! Can you elaborate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa