Weather Unavailable

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Instead of seeing weather data I see "Weather Unavailable".

This is on the top of the lock screen, to the left of the time.

Any idea how to fix or configure this?

Posted via the Android Central App

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Instead of seeing weather data I see "Weather Unavailable".

This is on the top of the lock screen, to the left of the time.

Any idea how to fix or configure this?

Found this old thread for the M7 that might be relevant.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m7/274914-no-weather-data-available.html

Also, I had one of my HD widgets that wouldn't update and also the clock would stop periodically. There is a saver setting on the M9 that breaks the data connection after periods of inactivity. Unchecking that option fixed my problem.

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Found this old thread for the M7 that might be relevant.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m7/274914-no-weather-data-available.html

Also, I had one of my HD widgets that wouldn't update and also the clock would stop periodically. There is a saver setting on the M9 that breaks the data connection after periods of inactivity. Unchecking that option fixed my problem.

Thanks! With that information I think I figured it out. Too bad it looks like I need to keep the location services running, which I do not like doing. Wish it used the home and work information we supply.

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Sort of wish their was a way to not show the weather on the lock screen. Got an app already that does a better display on the lock screen.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Sort of wish their was a way to not show the weather on the lock screen. Got an app already that does a better display on the lock screen.

If you remove the clock/weather widget off the homescreen, does it remove it from the lock screen as well? I haven't tried it, but it may work.

Fab B

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I think I've figured it out. It's HTCs service pack. It's bugg! I restore my M8 to factory settings and updated every built in app one by one and carefully uninstall to determine the corrupted on. Down to the last one while checkingt he weather it responded favourable and uninstalling The HTC service pack. HTC need to send out an update to correct this issue.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I think I've figured it out. It's HTCs service pack. It's bugg! I restore my M8 to factory settings and updated every built in app one by one and carefully uninstall to determine the corrupted on. Down to the last one while checkingt he weather it responded favourable and uninstalling The HTC service pack. HTC need to send out an update to correct this issue.

They did fix it with an update 3 days ago.

10basetom

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why many people put up with HTC's lazy engineering. If you have to keep power-hungry GPS on just to get see the weather on the lock screen, that's lazy engineering. My goodness, they didn't have the sense to use the last known location for the weather update (similar to Google.com).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress