Android Wear and the M9

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
There will always be something better. That's a good price.

Posted via the Android Central App

Couldn't pass it up at that price. The ZenWatch is on sale for that price too, but I honestly don't like the way it looks. I'd still rather have the G Watch R or the Huawei Watch, but the price of the LG, and the lack of availability date for the Huawei made me decide the 360 would be a good enough device for my first Wear watch. I really like some of the stuff the Sony 3 offers, but seems a little pricey for its age.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't pass it up at that price. The ZenWatch is on sale for that price too, but I honestly don't like the way it looks. I'd still rather have the G Watch R or the Huawei Watch, but the price of the LG, and the lack of availability date for the Huawei made me decide the 360 would be a good enough device for my first Wear watch. I really like some of the stuff the Sony 3 offers, but seems a little pricey for its age.

Ya. I got the Sony 3 for around what you paid for the Moto, otherwise I would have waited as well. Still don't want to pay over $200 for one of these to be an early adopter slash guinea pig.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That's the good thing about Smartwatch batteries. Even my 420 mAh one charges in 30-40 minutes from 0.

It's been over an hour and a half so far. Still not at 100% It's prolly cuz it's the first charge out of the box I'm thinking.

pcsguy88

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Wish I had seen this earlier. Sprint stores have been dumping the Moto 360 for $130 the past week. I was tempted even though I love my Zenwatch. My guess is some huge announcements of the gen 2 devices this weekend and I know Zenwatch 2 is being announced next week.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I'm having a strange issue since pairing my M9 with my 360. Anytime my M9 is charging it randomly unlocks itself. Anytime I barely even touch my phone it unlocks. Not sure if Android Wear enabled some kind of setting I'm unaware of. Anybody heard of this?

EDIT: Just realized it happens when my phone isn't charging as well. Not quite as often, but still happening.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
So I'm having a strange issue since pairing my M9 with my 360. Anytime my M9 is charging it randomly unlocks itself. Anytime I barely even touch my phone it unlocks. Not sure if Android Wear enabled some kind of setting I'm unaware of. Anybody heard of this?

EDIT: Just realized it happens when my phone isn't charging as well. Not quite as often, but still happening.

Smartlock feature?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Anyone who installed the new version of Android Wear 5.1.1. on their watch may want to do a clean install. The battery life on my phone and watch took a big hit until I reset the watch and did a clean install.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Anyone who installed the new version of Android Wear 5.1.1. on their watch may want to do a clean install. The battery life on my phone and watch took a big hit until I reset the watch and did a clean install.

Speaking of battery life, my 360 seems to be a bit of a drain for my M9. I think it's because I had to switch GPS to high accuracy more than Android Wear itself. Is it really necessary to use high accuracy GPS?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Speaking of battery life, my 360 seems to be a bit of a drain for my M9. I think it's because I had to switch GPS to high accuracy more than Android Wear itself. Is it really necessary to use high accuracy GPS?

Only when you are using Maps. Other than that you can use battery saver mode.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Only when you are using Maps. Other than that you can use battery saver mode.

Thanks. It's not so bad that I can't get through the day. I still have plenty of juice left. Just thought for days when I know I'm gonna be out and about for more than 12 hours I'll turn it off.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. It's not so bad that I can't get through the day. I still have plenty of juice left. Just thought for days when I know I'm gonna be out and about for more than 12 hours I'll turn it off.

My WiFi just got enabled on mine. Damn that thing burns through my battery now. I noticed it when I left my house and my battery life was way better.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
My WiFi just got enabled on mine. Damn that thing burns through my battery now. I noticed it when I left my house and my battery life was way better.

I have the WiFi connect toggled, but I don't think it really connects until 5.1. Just went ahead and toggled it so when I get the update it'll work. Maybe if I turn it off my battery life will get a little better.

bduerr1

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG G Watch R working with my M9. Originally it was disconnecting from Bluetooth 8 or 9 times a day. ATT have me a new phone and the problem disappeared. I am not sure a smart watch is a must but it is a nice toy. It is not going to replace any of my 'good' watches.

Nice for bike rides when phone is in my Camelback. Controlling music, reviewing inbound calls and texts, activity input for MapMyRide and steps for dog walks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buchenzo