Charging issues since update

Headgas86

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey my phones been charging crazy slow and I have a quick charge 2.0 charger. And I never even got an update. I'll have it plugged in allllll night and get maybe 20%.

Posted via the Android Central App

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Recalibrating the battery doesn't solve this issue, so don't bother. Recalibrating the battery also means that a reboot must take place, and after a reboot charging always works (at least once). Tonight my device was again slow when charging.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You don't choose anything. Just keep pressing all buttons for two minutes and ignore what's happening on the screen.

Today my M9 charges again fast. I hope it stays like that..

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
You don't choose anything. Just keep pressing all buttons for two minutes and ignore what's happening on the screen.

I am pretty sure I suggested doing a battery calibration to you over at XDA to solve this problem. I run a calibration at least once a month to keep the battery running optimally. Glad that worked.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I know you suggested that :)
We still don't know if the problem was solved. So far, and after calibration I have charged my device three times. One time it was slow and the other two fast..

mzman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine charges fine to 100% overnight, stays there for 1 to 2 hours, then starts discharging while still on the charger. In the morning, I often have 80% to 90% battery remaining. I tried the battery calibration a couple times, and there was no change.

This started immediately after the AT&T update to Android 5.1. I never had an issue before with the same charger and cable!

I switched to the OEM charger and cable, and the issue goes away. Change the cable back to another one and it starts discharging again. My wife's M9 on Verizon on Android 5.1 has no issues with the same charger and cable.

So, I have some questions, both of which I'd love answers for if anyone knows!

1. What's magical about the HTC cable? How can I get a 6' long cable that will work? What do I look for?
2. Why does Verizon's M9 not complain about that non-OEM cable, but mine does? I can return and ask for a refund, but at this point I have no idea how to explain the behavior, to even know if the cable is faulty.
3. Why did my phone have no issues with this cable (even with a non-OEM charger) while I was on Android 5.0?

So far, HTC can't answer my questions, so I turned to the internet! :) Thanks for any insight!

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine charges fine to 100% overnight, stays there for 1 to 2 hours, then starts discharging while still on the charger. In the morning, I often have 80% to 90% battery remaining. I tried the battery calibration a couple times, and there was no change.

This started immediately after the AT&T update to Android 5.1. I never had an issue before with the same charger and cable!

I switched to the OEM charger and cable, and the issue goes away. Change the cable back to another one and it starts discharging again. My wife's M9 on Verizon on Android 5.1 has no issues with the same charger and cable.

So, I have some questions, both of which I'd love answers for if anyone knows!

1. What's magical about the HTC cable? How can I get a 6' long cable that will work? What do I look for?
2. Why does Verizon's M9 not complain about that non-OEM cable, but mine does? I can return and ask for a refund, but at this point I have no idea how to explain the behavior, to even know if the cable is faulty.
3. Why did my phone have no issues with this cable (even with a non-OEM charger) while I was on Android 5.0?

So far, HTC can't answer my questions, so I turned to the internet! :) Thanks for any insight!

Were you able to figure anything out? I am having similar issues on Verizon. Mine phone has an issue, my wife's does not.

tjhuot

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Verizon HTC One M9 and immediately following the last firmware update to 2.6.605.15, I started experiencing the same exact charging symptoms. I also experienced very intermittent freezes, but that is a different topic altogether. The phone charges fast to completion, but if I leave it on the charger overnight, I see it can be anywhere from 60% - 90% charged in the morning. I then unplug it and plug it back in and it is fully charged in about an hour. HTC has a Verizon firmware update higher than the one that is now on my phone which I downloaded, but I have thus far been unsuccessful at getting it to install. If anyone else has seen this problem and has fixed it, please let me know. This phone was perfect until the damned update.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My charging issue has gotten worse over the last few days. Last night my toddler woke me up at 3 AM when I checked my phone, I got a warning that my phone was issuing more battery them the charger could handle. I went to bed with 46% and woke up with 17%. As a note, I use the charger that came with the phone.

EaStOnE

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Why they release a phone and then firmwares with problems? , move from a S5 (crappy 5.1.1) firmware update, to the M9, two days later I decide to update to the 5.1, battery life is to short, but the worst is the charging, very slow. But now I'm getting some network cutoffs, played videos, but after minutes it's stops. Any feedback....

#BlameTMO

Attachments

• 9777.jpg
    9777.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 9778.jpg
    9778.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 26

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Why they release a phone and then firmwares with problems? , move from a S5 (crappy 5.1.1) firmware update, to the M9, two days later I decide to update to the 5.1, battery life is to short, but the worst is the charging, very slow. But now I'm getting some network cutoffs, played videos, but after minutes it's stops. Any feedback....

#BlameTMO

Read the error messages and there is your solution. Simple.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
what software version have you updated too.. and is your M9 locked to a carrier or factory unlocked?

Becuase if its locked to a carrier, it could be the bloatware the carrier has installed into the rom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress