Music volume issue after Nougat update

floriyann

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So I have Android Nougat on my phone since yesterday and I'm really enjoy it. But I found quite an annoying issue. The music volume is no more independent from the general phone profile. Basically it means that if your phone is on “silent mode", you won't be able to listen to any music or video on your phone. To change that your phone has to at least be on “vibrate mode", which is extremely annoying! If anyone else got the update, I'd like to know if you experience the same thing as well please

aseelkz

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
This has been plaguing me for days. It's SO annoying that I can't listen to music without my phone buzzing ot pinging every 10 seconds.

I have tried everything - sounds profiles, priorty allowances, I can't find a way around it!
I have an htc one m9

floriyann

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
This has been plaguing me for days. It's SO annoying that I can't listen to music without my phone buzzing ot pinging every 10 seconds.

I have tried everything - sounds profiles, priorty allowances, I can't find a way around it!
I have an htc one m9

I tried everything as well and nothing worked out. It's a really bad software issue that they need to fix. But they won't realize if ppl don't speak out. Or maybe just too few ppl just got the update

m0bot

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
I also noticed this issue! Definitely needs to be fixed!

Probably overlooked because most people don't use their phones this way, but I/we do and it ends up being really annoying!

m0bot

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
I contacted support and first the had me "wipe the cache partition". They sent me good instructions, I tried it, but it didn't work. No harm no foul, was worth a try.

Then they suggested factory reset. Not going to happen. It's clearly not a device specific issue (I provided them links to forums of other people having the same issue) and I believe others have even tried a factory reset. They said a factory reset "may sometimes" work. Well, getting my phone back to it's current state is not worth it for something that probably won't work. And if it didn't work, I would have to give them my IMEI so they could test and possibly discuss warranty/repair options. What's there to test? It's a known issue. They should be able to replicate the issue on one of their own devices if that had a good QA/testing department.

And the last time I dealt with HTC support was not very good. My camera cover cracked (also a known issue) from no fault of mine; phone was still under warranty, yet I would have to pay to ship it to them, get no loaner phone, and then possibly have to pay for any other "issues" that were "discovered and needed repair" and if I didn't pay, I wouldn't get the phone back.

Regardless, getting a new phone wouldn't solve the issue.

Overall, not too happy with HTC.

m0bot

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
So after my "complaining" to HTC, they've told me they are working on fixing the issue and to watch out for an update. Actually seemed pretty genuine. I will believe it when I see it, although I am of course rooting for HTC to get this fixed. If they deliver on what they said, I will have some faith restored in the company.

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi all you music fans,

Not sure if this will help you in all situations, but there should be a setting for the call app that let's you automatically send calls to voicemail when an active data connection, like streaming for instance. For my sprint phone it's listed as DDTM.

amyflyone

May 24, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same issue after updating a few days ago. I need my phone on silent so I don't disturb my coworker with all my notifications, and listen to podcast or music while I work with my headphones at the same time. I loved that I could do that and now I can't. Vibrate isn't good, because it's also makes noise. I'm posting this to add to the many complaints so HTC will fix this ASAP. I'm not resetting my phone, they should just do another update to fix it.

If a solution is figured out, please let me know.

CiscoKydd

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 5 and I noticed that every few seconds my phone is either vibrating, playing a low volume notification tone, or both. When I look for Notifications there are none!! Now I am often wondering if I am hearing, "nonexistant sounds". But I am comforted in knowing that I have witnesses to this. Still, it is extremely annoying!! What the heck are these notification sounds for?!!!

Laceyy

Jun 22, 2018
Visit site
So I have Android Nougat on my phone since yesterday and I'm really enjoy it. But I found quite an annoying issue. The music volume is no more independent from the general phone profile. Basically it means that if your phone is on “silent mode", you won't be able to listen to any music or video on your phone. To change that your phone has to at least be on “vibrate mode", which is extremely annoying! If anyone else got the update, I'd like to know if you experience the same thing as well please

Just wondering did anyone ever find a fix for this? I just upgraded to Nougat today on my HTC One M9 and am experiencing this exact issue, I always have my phone on silent so this is painful :(