Question App, OS or Bluetooth issue?

ultrarunner2020

Feb 26, 2021
Visit site
I have a Google Pixel 6 256MB phone I have been enjoying for more than 6 months now, after having nightmares with the Galaxy A51.
I have this kind of annoying quirk when switching between music apps while playing through BT headphones.
I use PowerAmp 3.x for music, and a Audible and few other apps for audio books.
Let's say I started listening to music through PowerAmp on my Sony WH-1000XM5's. Then I decide I want to listen to an audiobook on Audible.
I can switch to Audible and start playing the audiobook; no problems. But if I pause the audiobook using the two-taps on the RH ear of the XM5's, then resume using the same method, I get the music from PowerAmp playing, and not the audiobook on Audible.
OTOH, if I started with playing Audible, then switched to PowerAmp, any resume from pause on the XM5's played PowerAmp, not Audible.
If I stop the PowerAmp service (through dev options), then resume the Audible session, all is good again.
I have tried setting PowerAmp not to keep service, but that doesn't seem to do anything here.

So, I'm just trying to figure out whether this is an app issue, an OS issue, or perhaps a Bluetooth issue. I'm not certain, but I believe I get the same response when I use another pair of BT cans.

Thanks for your help.
Ultrarunner

Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This is a little off topic, but Ultrarunner do you do the ultra marathons? I'm a short distance runner (the distance gets shorter as I get older 😂), but I had a friend that did the ultras, it was unbelievable what he could do... impressive to say the least 😱 😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana