Bricked my phone while trying to Flash

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
What does the adb reboot bootloader command give you?

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

SUCCESS!!! Got it open uo CWM-Based recovery! Oh dear god this feels good. Thank god for Hansoons toolkit!!

I'm back on the CWM-Based recovery. What should I do now guys?

SS below

Attachments

• IMAG0763.jpg
    IMAG0763.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 19

haxrnick

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I had something similar when I flashed something that wasn't compatible with the ROM. Once I reflashed recovery I was good. Glad you got it working.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
SUCCESS!!! Got it open uo CWM-Based recovery! Oh dear god this feels good. Thank god for Hansoons toolkit!!

I'm back on the CWM-Based recovery. What should I do now guys?

SS below

You can either check the backup/restore area for some safe earlier versions to get you stable or attempt to install from SD.

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
SD? This device doesnt have an SD though.

I'm really nervous as to how to proceed. Don't want to be makign mistakes lol

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
You can either check the backup/restore area for some safe earlier versions to get you stable or attempt to install from SD.

Okay I get what you mean now. I just checked and Android Revolution HD is still on there. SHould I risk installing it again? What if it gets stuck :O

haxrnick

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
If it gets stuck it's an installer issue, not ARHD. While you can still reboot into recovery clear your cache and go ahead and install.

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
What I'm worried about is being able to get back to recovery mode IF it gets stuck in the installer again....Cause I have no idea how I really fixed that issue and got to the HTC splash screen where it got stuck again

So what steps should I take that I probably didnt take before?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm really glad to hear that you got back into recovery.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm really glad to hear that you got back into recovery.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

You think I should try ARHD again?

How do I go to Nandroid or wtv you guys were talking about.

When I select "Backup and Restore" I have the following options:

-backup
-restore
-delete
-advancded restore
-free unused backup data
-choose default backup format
-backup to internal sdcard
restore from internal sdcard
-advanced restro from internal sd card
-delete from sd card

I guess none of these pertain to me since I never made a backup... sigh ...just realized this after typing all of that out

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I had something similar when I flashed something that wasn't compatible with the ROM. Once I reflashed recovery I was good. Glad you got it working.

I was worried too but I just went ahead and reflashed and was fine. Just go man.

Thing is, unlike you, I havent REFLASHED recovery yet. All I did was use the "Boot into Recovery" option under the "Commands" list in the AIO

Should I flash recovery and THEN install the rom?

Thanks again man

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
By reflash recovery, do you mean using adb and fastboot to flash it?

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
No, you don't need adb if you're using the AIO.

Aio...I'm out of my league here, lol. Po, I tried my best. Hopefully you can get this up and running! I'm glad you've found help, don't feel bad, it took a whole weekend to get my phone rooted, unlocked, and s-off as well as flashing a Rom. I was terrified. But after the first go you get a hang of it. If you ever need anything else, don't hesitate to ask, I will do my best to help as much as I can.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

haxrnick

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Aio...I'm out of my league here, lol. Po, I tried my best. Hopefully you can get this up and running! I'm glad you've found help, don't feel bad, it took a whole weekend to get my phone rooted, unlocked, and s-off as well as flashing a Rom. I was terrified. But after the first go you get a hang of it. If you ever need anything else, don't hesitate to ask, I will do my best to help as much as I can.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

Well I thought I helped too, then he said he didn't do any of that so I have no idea. Bedtime.

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

AIO is the tool I posted above! It's an All In One tool that I found

Here are my options now, using the Hasoon2000 AIO

1) Re-flash a recovery - ClockWorkMod, ClockworkMod Touch, TWRP AND THEN Install zip via sd card
2) Do above ^^ but install via sideload
3) Just erase cache with AIO and install zip from sim card

Not sure which one to go about doing...

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Now that you got back into recovery, I would just restore your last backup and maybe redownload the ROM you're trying to flash it pick a new ROM.

Sent from my HOX+ loaded with Elegancia ROM v5.2.0