Tell us why/what you're ROMing

Bethany Meyer

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I rooted so I could upgrade from 4.1. I'm using the Google Edition ROM and I really like it. I'm new to Android so this was my first time trying out stock Android. I like it much better than HTC Sense.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I do believe that my issue with all the different ROMS (that i stated i had issues with) were directly related to using TB to restore apps, that were "backed Up" in my original ROM ARHD. I'd be willing to bet that if I tried all of the others again, without using the backups from TB, they'd all work ok. However, CyanogenMod, is a SWEET Rom, not planning on leaving here anytime soon :-D

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I do believe that my issue with all the different ROMS (that i stated i had issues with) were directly related to using TB to restore apps, that were "backed Up" in my original ROM ARHD. I'd be willing to bet that if I tried all of the others again, without using the backups from TB, they'd all work ok. However, CyanogenMod, is a SWEET Rom, not planning on leaving here anytime soon :-D

Honestly, most developers say not to use and backup to restore apps, and I can understand why, but I've never had any issues with doing so...knock on wood! But that doesn't mean that's no the case for you. Have you restored your apps on CM as well?

Posted via Android Central App

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, most developers say not to use and backup to restore apps, and I can understand why, but I've never had any issues with doing so...knock on wood! But that doesn't mean that's no the case for you. Have you restored your apps on CM as well?

Posted via Android Central App

Yes. I did restore them in CM, and had errors. So I reinstalled CM, this time I individually DL'd all my apps with no back up, and have little or no issues.

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app

jerseykirby

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Currently I am on the SlimBean 4.2.2 ROM with little to no issues at all. I have used SlimBean across all of my devices and Love it. I will be updating to Build 1 of the 4.3 build soon though and I definitely am looking forward to it.