Made a Horrible Decision

lconti97

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I've proudly owned an HTC One m7att since June. I still believe it's the best phone on the market.
Just today, I saw that Cyanogenmod installer was available, so I decided to use that to change things up on my phone. Backed my stuff up and went through with it. Then I realized that I had done something completely different from what I was expecting.
I've realized too late that anything outside of HTC sense and launchers is above my level. That backup I did? I used Super Backup, which emails me my contacts and sms, but I'm pretty sure all else was deleted. I'm in full out panic mode right now and would love nothing more than to at least undo the changes I made in the last few hours so I can get HTC Sense back, even if I can't get back my data. Is this possible? Right now I feel like I just lost my phone's functionality because of one stupid mistake and I'm thoroughly embarrassed. Thanks in advance.

rayndog3

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Were you using the HTC auto backup feature before? if so You could always flash android revolution hd. Its a custom rom of the htc sense, so basically what you were used to with stock, but you have some available customizing features. you can download it here. [ROM] Android Revolution HD 31.5 ONLINE | High Quality & Performance | Android 4.3 Jelly Bean | HTC Sense 5.5 | 3.62.401.1 | Sense 5 Toolbox 2.4.1 | Sprint Support | T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling - xda-developers . I have flashed a few roms but this is the one that I always get back to. seems the most reliable and stable. what I like about this rom is, as long as you previously chose to backup your phone via htc cloud, once you load the rom you can choose to reload your backup from htc. Puts all your apps back on and stuff like that.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I've proudly owned an HTC One m7att since June. I still believe it's the best phone on the market.
Just today, I saw that Cyanogenmod installer was available, so I decided to use that to change things up on my phone. Backed my stuff up and went through with it. Then I realized that I had done something completely different from what I was expecting.
I've realized too late that anything outside of HTC sense and launchers is above my level. That backup I did? I used Super Backup, which emails me my contacts and sms, but I'm pretty sure all else was deleted. I'm in full out panic mode right now and would love nothing more than to at least undo the changes I made in the last few hours so I can get HTC Sense back, even if I can't get back my data. Is this possible? Right now I feel like I just lost my phone's functionality because of one stupid mistake and I'm thoroughly embarrassed. Thanks in advance.

You didn't backup the phone with a nandroid? Titanium backup is pretty much flawless at backing up the phone and data.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

lconti97

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
You didn't backup the phone with a nandroid? Titanium backup is pretty much flawless at backing up the phone and data.

Pretty noobish move, right? I thought I was covered from my other backups, but I didn't do my research.

Android Revolution is the kind of thing I'm looking for. I checked my dropbox and there doesn't seem to be any files there (HTC backups go there I guess) but it's a start. Are there any good options to replace the Beats audio profile? (I'm assuming that doesn't come back)

lconti97

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Flashed ARHD and working fine. Couldn't salvage a backup, so I've got a lot of work to do as far as restoring things, but my backup's set up now and I think all problems are solved. Thanks all who contributed, panic mode over.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Flashed ARHD and working fine. Couldn't salvage a backup, so I've got a lot of work to do as far as restoring things, but my backup's set up now and I think all problems are solved. Thanks all who contributed, panic mode over.
Also, you may want to check out the Google Edition ARHD ROM. I found a whole new appreciation for my device when I installed it.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Pretty noobish move, right? I thought I was covered from my other backups, but I didn't do my research.

Android Revolution is the kind of thing I'm looking for. I checked my dropbox and there doesn't seem to be any files there (HTC backups go there I guess) but it's a start. Are there any good options to replace the Beats audio profile? (I'm assuming that doesn't come back)

We all have made mistakes! I have no idea about beats. I know power amp has an option to remove, but other than that idk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty