Bought 2nd hand HTC One, is it rooted?

jamietb

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
I just got a second hand Black HTC One which was on a Telstra plan in Australia. (came from iPhone so new to Android)
On trying to upgrade from 4.2 when the phone was restarted I ended up on a Team Win Recovery Project screen and the only way I could get out of that was to select the reset option. I also found SuperSU application on the phone. Is this phone rooted? Is it flashed? Am I risking bricking the unit by trying to upgrade it?

I have spent a lot of time on Google and it seems my options are to either find a RUU from Telstra to go back to Telstra stock model or find a way to install a 4.4 version on a rooted phone. I have already wiped it a few times today mucking around so I'd rather sort it out ASAP and then be able to use it without constantly losing all my data.

Also a few of the Youtube clips were a little outdated and the links didn't work in the comments.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,
I just got a second hand Black HTC One which was on a Telstra plan in Australia. (came from iPhone so new to Android)
On trying to upgrade from 4.2 when the phone was restarted I ended up on a Team Win Recovery Project screen and the only way I could get out of that was to select the reset option. I also found SuperSU application on the phone. Is this phone rooted? Is it flashed? Am I risking bricking the unit by trying to upgrade it?

I have spent a lot of time on Google and it seems my options are to either find a RUU from Telstra to go back to Telstra stock model or find a way to install a 4.4 version on a rooted phone. I have already wiped it a few times today mucking around so I'd rather sort it out ASAP and then be able to use it without constantly losing all my data.

Also a few of the Youtube clips were a little outdated and the links didn't work in the comments.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Yes you are rooted. You look here for the firmware and roms for your phone....[2014.08.15][GUIDE] FUU and Firmware flashin… | HTC One (M8) | XDA Forum

One (M8) Android Development - XDA Forum

You can not take the OTA with a custom recovery. you can use the FUU to upgrade the firmware and go from there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984