[Rooted] Pixel 7 - total piece of ****

groston

Jul 7, 2018
Visit site
I had a Pixel 3 phone and it worked fine. For various reasons, I updated it to a Pixel 7 and let me be very clear:
The Pixel 7 is a steaming pile of ****!

Yes, my phone is rooted, but it does stupid stuff all the time:
  • I have flip-to-shh turned on, and the phone regularly puts itself into do-not-disturb mode.
  • I have the phone set to make WiFi calls and it regularly ignores that
These are the two major faults that come to mind right away. Bottom line - stay away from this phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Central Lounge to the Pixel 7 forum for more specific traffic.

Just curious, why do you root the phone? Are you installing a custom ROM? Or uninstalling preinstalled Google apps or other system apps? Those kinds of activities can certainly contribute to instability (and that wouldn't be the fault of the phone itself).

My personal experience with my Pixel 7 Pro is that it's the best phone I've ever owned (and I've had a lot of them).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I’ve modified your thread title for the sake of fairness.

It may be that something that you have done is causing the trouble, whether connected to the rooting or not, and there are ways of diagnosing that. As yet, from what you’ve told us, it’s unfair to blame the phone, either individually or as a class.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz