Can I get some help with my data partition on my HTC One M7?

A

AC Question

Something with data partition on HTC One M7

Hi!

Have the following problem with my HTC One M7. Phone restarts frequenty. After each restart (by itself or manually), phone restores to the same condition - as if there was some backup on one day and after restarting this backup restores. No possibility to unlock bootloader, update recovery etc. - everything goes well, but after restarting that "backup" restores again.

The ptoblem is in some internal storage error, I think. Have no idea what to do. Would be very grateful for advice

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Something with data partition on HTC One M7

Try a Cache Partition wipe in Recovery.

Posted via the Android Central App

CrazyKoT

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

belodion,

Doesn't help. Wipe partition in recovery goes well, but after reboot phone gets to the same
condition. Same is with factory reset - after reboot nothing changed

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Welcome as a new member. :)

Have you tried Safe Mode?

CrazyKoT

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I tried safe mode. However this didn't help. Phone reboots in safe mode too. If it's data partition problem, safe mode will not help I suppose. If it's not "data problem", I don't know, of all ways to flash something - recovery, firmware, bootloder unblocking etc., only RUU works - it begins flashing, but then gives the message, that Model ID is wrong. So if somebody could give a link to the RUU of Rom and CID\MiD or the one which could pass it would be great.

ROM version: 6.09.709.7
CID: HTC__621 MID: PN0714000

I found only Rom in zip. But I can't flash it - phone in recovery (stock) reboots when I try to do it. Or is there any way to convert zip Rom to RUU? :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'll pass this on to certain geniuses whom I happen to know. :)
Also, now that you're a registered member, I recommended posting in the HTC One Rooting, ROMs & Hacks forum (for the M7), where you'll be among members with a good understanding of these things.
I'm sorry I can't help further myself.

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Please do not post the same question more than once. Whenever possible users should search for existing threads and add to those. If no threads for an issue exist, then one thread should be created.

CrazyKoT

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

I would have thought that would be the unlocked version. You could email HTC and see what they suggest for a download.

It is unlocked version, but don't I need to have the same CID\MID (or supercid) to flash one of that Roms on the htc website? (I can't flash recovery, unlock bootloader and change CID because of problem in post #1).

HTC Support answered me that they can't advice me anything to download

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I think you can flash via ADB. Flashing the wrong file might brick the device, though.

From an AOSP M8

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Im not quite understanding what you are ask or what exactly the problem is. Is the problem the constant rebooting on its own? Can you please explain a little more in detail

Here is the link to the RUU for the Unlocked/Developer edition M7. Its a .EXE file and needs to be ran from windows PC and the phone in the bootloader fastboot usb mode

HTC One - News & download - Support | HTC United States

CrazyKoT

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Is it possible to flash RUU you mentioned above to the phone with another CID\MID with stock recovery, S-On, and Locked Bootloader? _Update. I've just tried - Model ID error

Detailed description of the problem.
Phone was bought in November 2014. On the 8th of the March I got a notification on the phone about an update - Android 5. I didn't have normal wireless connetion to download it, so I just ignored it. Maybe it's coincidence, but on the same day began problems.

A lot of applications errors (htc sense input errors, chrome, gallery, play market, etc.), phone is rebooting constantly. The most weird thing is that after rebooting phone restores it's conditions of the 8th March - all settings, photos, calls history, messages. For example, if I called someone today, installed\deleted application, changed brightness settings - everything goes back to 8th March phone conditions - no calls done today, no application installed\deleted, no settings changed.

Factory reset is not working neither from phone settings menu, nor from bootloader. By trying to do so phone is rebooting, image of the phone with red triangle opens - if I enter nothing, phone is rebooting and I again have "8 March phone", I can go from there to recovery menu pressing vol+ and power. But also in recovery mode neither wipe nor factory reset works. Actually I have the message, that everything is done, but after rebooting I have my "8 March phone" back with all data I had on this date.

I tried to unlock bootloader using different ways (in order to flash custom recovery and then to flash custom Rom). Everything goes well withouth errors, I get final message asking to confirm unlocking the bootloader. I choose "Yes", phone reboots and again I have the same "8 march phone" with all data on that day.

In repair shop I was told that it's most likely (but they are not sure) EMMC problem, but they can't replace it because they don't have part for replacement. I don't know how EMMC could be damaged on an almost new phone, which didn't fall no once.

The last thing I was trying is to flash the phone via RUU. Maybe this will help. I tried European version. Phone restarts, goes to RUU mode (it is already progress, while after restart it does not restores it's "8 march condition" as usual), but after trying to flash I get a message than Model ID is wrong. So that's why I need RUU for my CID: HTC__621 MID: PN071400. Have at the moment ROM version: 6.09.709.7

CrazyKoT

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Thanks. Is it possible to flash an older version of Rom (1.20.709.101) to a newer one (6.09.709.7 )? And Model ID is different (PN0714000 versus PN0711000). Is this ok? I really don't know surely about these details.

P.S. Tried to update that older version. Got Error 155 - "The ROM update utility cannot update your android phone. Please get the correct ROM update utility and try again"

I guess, I need more fresh RUU

P.P.S. Found different newer Roms (6.09.709.106, 6.09.709.107, 7.18.709.102). CID is the same, MID is PN0711000 (I have PN0714000). RUU after some time of flashing gives me error message "Error 132 - Signature error". Could it be because of another MID?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall