Specific Data Usage

steveh8204

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Are there any Apps about that can tell you which apps in particular are using data amounts?

My data usage seems to have shot up since I bought my One S so was wondering which apps are using it most so I can alter update settings etc.

I've always thought it would be handy to know too.

steveh8204

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My Data Manager seems to be doing the job. 'OS services' seems to use a lot of data, not sure precisely what that is, anyone any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My Data Manager seems to be doing the job. 'OS services' seems to use a lot of data, not sure precisely what that is, anyone any ideas?

Do you have a lot of widgets? Maybe try removing some of them if you are and see if that helps.

ToneSoul

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Did this help any? I started noticing my battery running down way more than it should, I checked what was using data and Android OS has used 1.53 gigs in the last month, which it have never done before. I have one seach widget and the usual HTC clock and weather, I have "backup and restore" off.

steveh8204

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The only widget I have now is the HTC weather/clock one and OS services is still taking a couple of megabytes a day on mobile internet so it's still a bit of a mystery. When I have my WiFi on it uses about 12mb a day so it obviously must be something else. General syncing maybe?

steveh8204

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
On closer inspection 'OS Services' seems to consistently take about 80-160kb per hour, other notable culprits include Sky News which takes precious Kbs even when I've turned off background updates, Google+ which I can't seem to turn off updates for and the elusive 'Other'.

rockerboy402

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Give Norton Utilities a spin! It not only gives Data Usage details but will also give you battery usage details and app resource consumption details. I really like it. The free version is pretty powerful, but I like the pro-version for the profiles and the auto-kill.

Reactions: ChromeJob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress