Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CossieLover1369
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Specific Data Usage

Are there any Apps about that can tell you which apps in particular are using data amounts?

My data usage seems to have shot up since I bought my One S so was wondering which apps are using it most so I can alter update settings etc.

I've always thought it would be handy to know too.

Smile Re: Specific Data Usage

Try - My data manager. Free in play store. Works good for me on HTC 1X, Voda, UK.
    Thanked by 3:
    going_home likes this.

Settings>More>Usage. Scroll down to see each program's data usage.

3G watchdog works well too, the free version is decent.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

My Data Manager seems to be doing the job. 'OS services' seems to use a lot of data, not sure precisely what that is, anyone any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Specific Data Usage

Quote Originally Posted by steveh8204 View Post
    My Data Manager seems to be doing the job. 'OS services' seems to use a lot of data, not sure precisely what that is, anyone any ideas?

Do you have a lot of widgets? Maybe try removing some of them if you are and see if that helps.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Cheers, all widgets gone, let's see how it goes.

Did this help any? I started noticing my battery running down way more than it should, I checked what was using data and Android OS has used 1.53 gigs in the last month, which it have never done before. I have one seach widget and the usual HTC clock and weather, I have "backup and restore" off.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

The only widget I have now is the HTC weather/clock one and OS services is still taking a couple of megabytes a day on mobile internet so it's still a bit of a mystery. When I have my WiFi on it uses about 12mb a day so it obviously must be something else. General syncing maybe?

Wow, I have the exact same problem. I emailed HTC. Waiting for a response.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

On closer inspection 'OS Services' seems to consistently take about 80-160kb per hour, other notable culprits include Sky News which takes precious Kbs even when I've turned off background updates, Google+ which I can't seem to turn off updates for and the elusive 'Other'.

Give Norton Utilities a spin! It not only gives Data Usage details but will also give you battery usage details and app resource consumption details. I really like it. The free version is pretty powerful, but I like the pro-version for the profiles and the auto-kill.
    Founding Member, Solavei
    Contact me to become a part of the Solavei Revolution! startyourtrio [dot] com
    Thanked by: