New to HTC and the One S, some questions!

aimaad22

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I got the One S a week back and this is my first HTC, my first droid in fact. Love the phone but been struggling with a few things and after trying to find solutions for myself I thought it wouldn't do any harm to ask you guys Following are problems I've been having, nothing major but it would really help me if I could get rid of 'em:

1. The messaging app doesnt show the contacts pictures as they appear on the people app.

2. The vibration intensity of the phone is low for me, I've already missed many a call on silent mode. Can the vibration feedback be increased?

3. Is there something wrong with the Google playstore? About 75% of the time I open it it doesnt work.

4. The twitter sms notifications worked fine on my last phone (Samsung Wave), but ever since I got this they arrive really late and in a jumbled up order. Tried deactivating the service and resuming it again with this phone but didnt help.

5. Is there any way to organize apps in the menu into folders? If not that really sucks from Android! I know you can do it on the home screen but its not the same thing.

6. I've been using Easy uninstaller and Task Manager. When I use Easyuninstaller the apps disappear from the phone but still appear on the apps menu of Airdroid and in their folders in the phone memory are also there. Similalry when using Task Manager it says the apps i selected are closed but later on they appear in it again automatically and if I open the default task manager installed on the phone it shows them open anyway. Why is this and whats a proper task manager then?

7. Also when I connect the phone to the pc using drive mode it shows just one drive, not the phone and system memory separately. How can I tell which is which from my pc?

Lots of question I know but any help will be much much appreciated!!

phonohead

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I am not an expert on Android, or the HTC One S for that matter, but I do own a similar device. For anything that may appear to be bugs/glitches (like the Play Store) I recommend doing an update/upgrade of the phone itself. If you haven't done so already, you can find this under Settings > About > Software update.

Maybe not much help, but it's what I can add to your frustration! Good luck!

EDIT: I don't own a "similar" device, I own the exact same device. And an answer to question 7: The drive that appears on your PC is the phone memory (/sdcard), not the system's internal memory.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I got the One S a week back and this is my first HTC, my first droid in fact. Love the phone but been struggling with a few things and after trying to find solutions for myself I thought it wouldn't do any harm to ask you guys Following are problems I've been having, nothing major but it would really help me if I could get rid of 'em:

1. The messaging app doesnt show the contacts pictures as they appear on the people app. This depends on what is syncing to your phone (settings, Accounts) the normal priority will be your FB photos for your frineds. Just mess with the settings inside the contact and you can change anything including picture.

2. The vibration intensity of the phone is low for me, I've already missed many a call on silent mode. Can the vibration feedback be increased? No, this is just something in the phone (hardware) that cannot be changed

3. Is there something wrong with the Google playstore? About 75% of the time I open it it doesnt work. I too would try to update the phone, or you can always go to settings, apps, find play store in the all tab, then clear cache, data, and then force stop, and try to open the app again.

4. The twitter sms notifications worked fine on my last phone (Samsung Wave), but ever since I got this they arrive really late and in a jumbled up order. Tried deactivating the service and resuming it again with this phone but didnt help. This too is hard to fix. It is most likely an issue with push notification and how often your phone checks, see if you can change the anything in settings, accounts, twitter

5. Is there any way to organize apps in the menu into folders? If not that really sucks from Android! I know you can do it on the home screen but its not the same thing. If you drag apps over another one it will create a folder on the home screens, if you want to organize the app drawer, Try a different Launcher, I recommend GO launcher EX

6. I've been using Easy uninstaller and Task Manager. When I use Easyuninstaller the apps disappear from the phone but still appear on the apps menu of Airdroid and in their folders in the phone memory are also there. Similalry when using Task Manager it says the apps i selected are closed but later on they appear in it again automatically and if I open the default task manager installed on the phone it shows them open anyway. Why is this and whats a proper task manager then? I would highly recommend not using an app to uninstall your apps, Go to settings, Apps, and uninstall from there

7. Also when I connect the phone to the pc using drive mode it shows just one drive, not the phone and system memory separately. How can I tell which is which from my pc? HTC tried to make it easier for you. You dont need two drives for a normal use phone. This is your main directory

Lots of question I know but any help will be much much appreciated!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non