How well/stable does CM10 run on the HTC One S?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Looking into putting cyanogenmod 10 on an HTC One S but I need everything to be very stable.

1. How's the battery life compared to "stock" HTC Sense?
2. Does everything work? (Camera, 4G, etc)
3. Any apps that have problems with CM10?

Thanks!

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Looking into putting cyanogenmod 10 on an HTC One S but I need everything to be very stable.

1. How's the battery life compared to "stock" HTC Sense?
2. Does everything work? (Camera, 4G, etc)
3. Any apps that have problems with CM10?

Thanks!

Well when they make one build that fixes a problem... another seems to arise.
Some major things I saw was the camera doesnt work, and Bluetooth doenst either.
There are other minor ones as well. [ROM][S4][WIP] CM10 on HTC One S [official nightlies] - xda-developers

Check that link out, and read some of the issues yourself.
If I was you I would use a developer ROM that has CM10 and AOKP. you could inlcude Panaroid too if you wanted.
When they combine the Major Roms they can work out most of the bugs.

Good Luck

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Well when they make one build that fixes a problem... another seems to arise.
Some major things I saw was the camera doesnt work, and Bluetooth doenst either.
There are other minor ones as well. [ROM][S4][WIP] CM10 on HTC One S [official nightlies] - xda-developers

Check that link out, and read some of the issues yourself.
If I was you I would use a developer ROM that has CM10 and AOKP. you could inlcude Panaroid too if you wanted.
When they combine the Major Roms they can work out most of the bugs.

Good Luck
thanks,
but that link has 500+ pages! i looked through about 70+ of them but it's hard to find the feedback on the stable version as they talk about the nightlies for 95% of those pages. do you know if the stable version is also not fully working? some of the People reporting problems later turned out to be using custom kernels so its hard to judge.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
thanks,
but that link has 500+ pages! i looked through about 70+ of them but it's hard to find the feedback on the stable version as they talk about the nightlies for 95% of those pages. do you know if the stable version is also not fully working? some of the People reporting problems later turned out to be using custom kernels so its hard to judge.

Its a rare word in the rooting community (stable)
But to be honest I dont think they have a CM10 Stable version yet. They are still working out the bugs. and will hopefully fix them soon... because believe me... Im with you. I want to be running a stable CM10. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
They list a stable version: CyanogenMod Downloads

considering it back on november 13th... I assume thats the one everyone is either building on... or using a good nightly.
I noticed that stable doesnt always mean... everything is working. It means it doesnt crash.... very often. like phone calls, data, and text messages.

Im almost positvie even the stable version doesnt have a working camera or bluetooth. (if it does.... then Im not sure why they are going backwards)
just common sense i suppose.... but dont listen to me... Im not even rooted anymore. give it a shot, just back-up your current first.

Im waiting for the JB update first... to see if it keeps me happy. If not... then ill be rooting again.

thedoo79

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I ran it for 2 weeks. Camera worked fine, and I found wifi to be much more stable than stock Sense. Battery life was improved as well.

However, navigation was broken. Running any navigation app would result in the GPS constantly crashing, and I would lose the data connection. I went back to stock for this reason.

Really love CM though, wish HTC would tone down sense...

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I ran it for 2 weeks. Camera worked fine, and I found wifi to be much more stable than stock Sense. Battery life was improved as well.

However, navigation was broken. Running any navigation app would result in the GPS constantly crashing, and I would lose the data connection. I went back to stock for this reason.

Really love CM though, wish HTC would tone down sense...

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

thanks. that really helps. if navigation doesn't work, that's a non- starter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty