How to configure Android 10 to wake the screen by power button only

Daniel Worsley

May 6, 2021
Visit site
Hi Guys

Iv recently replaced my old iPad Air 2 with a new Yestel 10 inch 4G tablet with integrated keyboard and trackpad. My old iPad had a decent Belkin keyboard case and the Yestel tablet was the best replacement I could find that also had 4G for mobile internet.

I'm very happy with the tablet, much quicker than the iPad, however I'm running into power issues.

The iPad would usually last for 3-4 days before needing a charge, however I seem to be lucky to get a day out of the new tablet, and it seems its due to the screen constantly waking up.

I have made sure all settings are set correctly to stop apps/notifications/raise to wake etc from waking up the screen, but I think there is two things that are causing it that I can't do anything about.

First of all the tablet seems to have a sensor on it that detects when the keyboard case is opened, then wakes the screen. This seems to be a bit temperamental and I can not find any way of disabling it. Also the keyboard and trackpad seems to be constantly active and any key presses or movement on the track pad wakes the screen, even with the case closed.

I want to either have the tablet go into a deep sleep when it's not been used or to set it so only the power button can wake it. I don't need notifications by the way, I'm only using the tablet to run two apps for work and nothing else.

I don't think this can be done on stock android, I'm guessing I will have to root the tablet which is fine and I have no issue doing that.

Does anyone know if it can be achieved or could even point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Dan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter