Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    bugsy101's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

    Question HTC One S won't switch on!

    Hi guys,

    My phone ran out of juice today. When I got home, I connected it to the charger, got about 2 mins of use from it (while it was charging), then suddenly the screen went black (back-lit soft keys stayed illuminated) and the phone started vibrating (softly).

    Then eventually it just switched off completely.

    Now it seems not be charging at all. The LED charge light isn't coming on. And every now and then while charged, the phone starts that vibrating softly thing. Leaving it connected to the charger for over 1 hour, it starts getting really hot!

    Any ideas or am I screwed??

    Thanks,

    TD
  2. #2  

    Default Re: HTC One S won't switch on!

    Quote Originally Posted by thedynamix View Post
    Hi guys,

    My phone ran out of juice today. When I got home, I connected it to the charger, got about 2 mins of use from it (while it was charging), then suddenly the screen went black (back-lit soft keys stayed illuminated) and the phone started vibrating (softly).

    Then eventually it just switched off completely.

    Now it seems not be charging at all. The LED charge light isn't coming on. And every now and then while charged, the phone starts that vibrating softly thing. Leaving it connected to the charger for over 1 hour, it starts getting really hot!

    Any ideas or am I screwed??

    Thanks,

    TD
    Well sounds like something went wrong...
    but start easy... did you do a hard reset? (hold the power button for about 15 seconds (the soft keys should blink 15 times))
    also see if you can boot into your bootloader (hold power and volume down for about 2 seconds, then let the power button go and continue to hold volume down until screen comes on)
    if neither of those work... then your phone went bad
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    bugsy101's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One S won't switch on!

    Hi,

    Neither of those work. The only thing the phone does is vibrate softly when connected to a charger, eventually over heating.

    Is it fixable do you think?

    How long is the warranty?

    Thanks anyway!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: HTC One S won't switch on!

    You are amazing. Your words have changed my life. Thank you. Seriously. This saved me.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: HTC One S won't switch on!

    Just wanted to say thanks for this post...saved me going to a 3 shop and looking stupid!!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: HTC One S won't switch on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryandroid86 View Post
    Well sounds like something went wrong...
    but start easy... did you do a hard reset? (hold the power button for about 15 seconds (the soft keys should blink 15 times))
    also see if you can boot into your bootloader (hold power and volume down for about 2 seconds, then let the power button go and continue to hold volume down until screen comes on)
    if neither of those work... then your phone went bad
    Hi,

    my phone turned off by itself, i tried the hard reset, the soft keys went blinking for like 20 mins. I tried doing it again when the blinking stopped, but nothing is happening.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: HTC One S won't switch on!

    Quote Originally Posted by firecrush View Post
    Hi,

    my phone turned off by itself, i tried the hard reset, the soft keys went blinking for like 20 mins. I tried doing it again when the blinking stopped, but nothing is happening.
    Its not charging... Your battery port went bad. This phone is known for this.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

Similar Threads

  1. My HTC Evo Design won't turn on.
    By MiMiAnne22 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 12:27 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 11:50 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 02:15 PM
  4. HTC Notes widget won't go on Home screen.
    By Chuckl in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 09:30 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

B