HTC One S Guru???

Jackieleo

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My sister has locked herself out of her phone, forgetting her pattern. She is now on the 'too many pattern attempts' screen. It is not accepting her google mail account, even though it is 100% right.

We really need to get her photo's off the phone. Some of them are really really important, including her 8 year old daughters hospital picture diary from when she has major heart surgery. The phone was not back up to either her computer or to google mail. She took her phone to the shop and all they could suggest was changing the google mail password and trying again.

I find it really hard to beleive that there is no way of accessing these? Some genius somewhere must have worked out a way. Is there anyone that can help? The value of these photos to my sister is priceless and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jackie

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If they made it easy anyone could steal your data.

The best advise is still trying with the email, not sure if wondershare mobile go cab backup through a lock but its worth ago.

If it doesn't work, I'm sorry you might have to reset it and pray photos backed up to Google+

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

Jackieleo

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
:eek:( I had a horrible feeling you would say that. I have read that because it is not connected to Wifi (and now its locked, you can't), the google mail won't work no matter what. I think this is a bug in the security system of the phone. I appreciate they are trying to protect you, but not from yourself surely!?!. What do you think the possibility is of wiping the phone, mounting it as a disk drive and seeing if a recovery program can pull it all back? I once did something similar with my Samsung and managed to get all photos and music (but no contacts) using a program called Pandora.

Thanks

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
:eek:( I had a horrible feeling you would say that. I have read that because it is not connected to Wifi (and now its locked, you can't), the google mail won't work no matter what. I think this is a bug in the security system of the phone. I appreciate they are trying to protect you, but not from yourself surely!?!. What do you think the possibility is of wiping the phone, mounting it as a disk drive and seeing if a recovery program can pull it all back? I once did something similar with my Samsung and managed to get all photos and music (but no contacts) using a program called Pandora.

Thanks

Make sure there aren't any capital letters where there should be lower case letters. Also try entering "null" in the password box with your email entered.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My sister has locked herself out of her phone, forgetting her pattern. She is now on the 'too many pattern attempts' screen. It is not accepting her google mail account, even though it is 100% right.

We really need to get her photo's off the phone. Some of them are really really important, including her 8 year old daughters hospital picture diary from when she has major heart surgery. The phone was not back up to either her computer or to google mail. She took her phone to the shop and all they could suggest was changing the google mail password and trying again.

I find it really hard to beleive that there is no way of accessing these? Some genius somewhere must have worked out a way. Is there anyone that can help? The value of these photos to my sister is priceless and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jackie

Also we can try it a step further and try using adb to unlock the phone.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Jackieleo

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have tried all password combinations and the 'null' suggestion, I beleive this works for the magic, all with no luck.

I really am open to any and all suggestions at this point. The photos really are that important. And just in case any is wondering, no, the phone is not stolen!!!

I have had a look into adb, but I'm not very technical so got a bit stuck. Can you talk me through trying this?

Thanks muchly!!

Jackieleo

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Just found this on google 'remove a lockscreen pin via adb with sqlite3 - xda-developers'. I'm not a XDA developer. Any clues as to how a total novice, but not a totally stupid person, might do this?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non