Htc one S audio problem

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Just a note that opening the phone will void your warranty. If you have sound problems, I would try a factory reset first.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

yonatanzvi

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Dear Jose Romero1,
Before reading your post, I did open the phone, based on E-Trade film, but didn't really know what to look for. I re-assembled the phone, hoping that the disassembly and re-assembly and cleaning some dust, will help. It didn't help.
Can you please advise if your solution helps for the long term?
Can you please explain, what exactly to do? I didn't really understand your post, for the details.
Many thanks.
Yonatan

yonatanzvi

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone find a long term solution, for this problem?
Is it only with the T-Mobile logo, or any other HTC One S?
Yonatan

Last edited:

gsmokrov

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
i have same problem. sound can be backed entering in boot menu and selecting fastboot and restart. but this is short time solution. i think that is hardware problem and probably replacing main board is solution :(

Pedro Lupin

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I managed to solve this following Jose Romero's suggestion.
I removed the lower back cover (which is sealed with a bit of adhesive, be careful).
There are two golden pads on the phone board that are connected by a third one on the plastic cover when it is closed. I think HTC uses that to detect that the cover is not present and hence there is no speaker.
Unfortunately when this happens, the whole audio sub-system seems to be disabled, which sucks ***.
Anyway, I soldered a tiny copper cable between the two plates and sound came back.
I also broke accidentally one of the pads of the speaker and had to solder it as well (trying to straighten them).
So as I said, be careful...

Marcus Engelmann

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I seem to have the same problem, too. Really annoying me.
I am sure this is a hardware problem, too.

...There are two golden pads on the phone board that ...
Anyway, I soldered a tiny copper cable between the two plates and sound came back.

I removed the bottom cover of my ONE S (S3) which has two parts as it seams.
See my picture; top - phone, middle - inner part with speaker, bottom - outer cover.

IMG-20141229-WA0001.jpg

Can anyone tell me which are the two 'golden pads' to be connected/shortcut??
Many thanks !!!

Bano Mohol

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I actually have an HTC desire 500 and i must say i was very impressed with it up until the sound thing happened which was two weeks ago (Just 15 days after the warranty expired, interesting..) Anyway, I had it diagnosed. If this is a recurring problem, you might have to have the sound output section on the motherboard repaired. Sometimes it gets fried because of electrical surges while charging, or if you use the wrong charger. It could also happen because of physical damage due to having dropped the phone. Or, from bugs that enter along with adds when you install apps like Clean Master.

It doesn't cost much and you'd best not attempt it yourself. Since my warranty has expired I really have no use for the HTC service people (they wanted to replace my entire motherboard for no good reason, would have costed as much as a new phone). I gave my phone to a local repair guy, and I must say he did a fantastic job.

Phone works fine now.

Asheida Charles

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Htc one x audio problem

My phone is just one year old, today I was about to listen to some music only to realize there is no sound. I restart the phone, same problem. The night before, the audio worked fine and this is the first time this has happened. Can anyone advise me on what to do to solve this problem. Thanks. It's an htc one x

Studlier

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Htc one x audio problem

I'm having a problem on my HTC One S with sound suddenly going out, and then the phone stops working -- when I make a call, nothing happens, the phone locks up, and the called party can hear it ring but can't hear anything when they answer. Or if I don't use the phone, but try to use apps like Pandora or Tunein, it'll give me a "system audio error."

The only way I can get the sound back is to remove the sim card and reboot. Then once it's up and running, reinsert the sim card. It'll work for a while, including my phone, then sound quits working, phone quits working and I have to do it all over again.

Not sure if this is related to everyone else's audio problem or if it's related to my phone service, which worked fine up until a week ago when I started having the audio problems. My phone is unlocked and I use it with LycaMobile and my problems could be related to that sim card or that phone service. But thought I'd post this and others with this problem can see if removing the sim card and rebooting will work -- it beats doing a hard reset, if it works for you.

Last edited:

Vidushan Kandasamy

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have found the solution/problem !!

I have found the problem. If you remove the upper and bottom cover, you can see gold pins. Those pins are verry sensitive. When your cover slides on it, the sound from your htc one s will stop. You need to keep the covers to not move.

Cheers!

df2of

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Maybe quite late for an answer, but for me it helped to clean contacts. When you look at the backside of your htc you see, that there is a cover on the bottom end as well. Just above the speaker. You can pry the lid open carefully (see youtube videos on the subject) then inside the lid is a copper inlay which makes contact for the speaker. This is oxidating over time (a bit) and the connection does not work properly. Just clean it with some small glass brush or similar. You can see where it should make contact. This worked for me and the speaker works perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo