Htc one S audio problem

Silviu Ticau

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys. I have a problem with my htc one s. The phone would all of a sudden lose its sound function. The phone would vibrate but not ring with incoming calls. Cannot play any music or youtube videos either. I double checked and all sounds are on and volume at its highest.For the first few times, I could fix this issue by restarting her phone. But this last time, restarting doesn't work anymore and I had no choice but to do a factory reset before the sound function comes back. It's fixed for now, but I see this only as a short term solution since the problem has been repeating itself for a few times now. Anyone with a similar issue? Anyone with suggestion as to why this would happen?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys. I have a problem with my htc one s. The phone would all of a sudden lose its sound function. The phone would vibrate but not ring with incoming calls. Cannot play any music or youtube videos either. I double checked and all sounds are on and volume at its highest.For the first few times, I could fix this issue by restarting her phone. But this last time, restarting doesn't work anymore and I had no choice but to do a factory reset before the sound function comes back. It's fixed for now, but I see this only as a short term solution since the problem has been repeating itself for a few times now. Anyone with a similar issue? Anyone with suggestion as to why this would happen?

Might be a software glitch. Have you modified it in any way? Root, etc.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

MightyRed

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I have the same issue. Out of the blue, sound just stops working with or without earphones. In the biginning a simple powercylce would resolve the issue for a few hours. When sound is not fonctionning, if I try to play a song (which works fine when sound works) I get a music playback error without any details.
Now the only way to get sound back is to do a factory reset and even then doesn't work every time, sometime I have to do it more than once.
This is very annoying as when sound does not work I can't make any calls...
Anyone have a fix for this? Sounds like a software glitch as sound comes back after multiple powercycles or factory resets...

I have an HTC One S on 4.1.1, unrooted or modified in any way.
Thanks in advance for any help

idumbakumar

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
hi,
i have HTC one i have the same problem. no audio at all from speakers or from headphone.. cannot make receive making calls.. no audio from headset as well. i want to figure it out.. install 4.4 from 4.2.1 but still no solution.. pls anyone help me fixing this

ariunbold enhbayr

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
hi,
i have HTC one i have the same problem. no audio at all from speakers or from headphone.. cannot make receive making calls.. no audio from headset as well. i want to figure it out.. install 4.4 from 4.2.1 but still no solution.. pls anyone help me fixing this

i've the same issue. installed kitkat and pacman roms but unlucky. do u have any idea? Could u fix it?

aksman

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Good day .. pls am also having the same problem with mine ,pls someone should hep me out .. pls my number is 07081743326 .. pls

Manny Wiafe

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

joseph fissouss1

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys , I still have the same problme for months now , none have the solution, i tried more than 15 roms and nothing still the same
i hate HTC , I wont buy their stuff anymore , they have no solution for this
,did you guys find somthing yet ?

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes , mine have been doing tthe same thing for about a month now, i was also restarting, now I have to turn off and turn back on However that is only a temporary fix..grrr what is the problem if i do a master reset i will lose everything this sucks on so many occassions...Can someone tell me what to do

joseph fissouss1

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I Finally found a fix, open the phone (in my case i have HTC ONE S) battery is sealed , so open the back of the phone remove the battery for about 8hr while doing so ,. clean the dust that got stuck , and touch and push the wires you see and make sure they are all fine and in the place.
now after the 8hr or more put the battery in again and close the cover , turn the phone and VOILA < , a

Update : it fiixs the problem for few days and than same thing

Last edited:

epervier1983

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my HTC one S TMobile, I bought it about a month ago, it work for 15 days normaly, then it crashed. it begin with the calls, when I made a call it bug and the screen doesn't turn off again, no sound no response...!!!
I make reset, same thing with calls, reset again ... same thing ! :(
finely, when I try play music, error message appear : could not play this file format (mp3)
since, I made more than 05 factory reset... it work a few minutes and crash again, I try a kitkat Rom but doesn't success to instal it,
any one have a solution 4 this...I am depressed ! :-$

Last edited:

khunphil

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have I think the same problem, HTC One S, sound almost not audible, no speaker, sometimes. My by-pass, quite easy, is to make a call, and cancel it as soon as the Call Screen appears. Dont need to let ring on the other side. Then my sound is working again.

Same if someone call you, this can "wake up" your sound ...

I dont know why sound stopped working and when it will stop again, but at least I can wake it up when I need to listen to music or radio. This is definitely a bug, this should be under warranty, but HTC will not be very happy to fix this kind of bugs, as the company is not feeling that good ;-)

Philippe

epervier1983

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
hi,
I just finished to install a custom ROM, the result is the same !!! conclusion : it's not a software problem...:confused:
the steps if you want to try this :
HTC One S : Installer Sense 5 et Android 4.2.2 - HTC-HUB
TUTO : S-OFF, Bootloader, Root et Super CID pour HTC One S - HTC-HUB

[ROM] MaximusHD 10.0.0 | JB 4.2.2 | Sense 5.0 | Fast&Stable | OTA Updates | 4.06.401.1 | Online - xda-developers
HTC_One_S_-_MaximusHD_10.0.0.zip | HTC_One_S_-_MaximusHD_10.0.0.zip | by LlabTooFeR for One S

some of links are in frensh language !
if some one get the solution...post it plz
thnx

Jose Romero1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello to all the solution its very simple just remove the lower cover where the speaker its and just whith a clip put both golpd plate pins on the cover the most vertical posible and thats all turn on the cel and VOILA!!!!!!

khunphil

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, How do you remove the lower cover. I can only remove the top one, with the sim card inside. The lower one looks like sealed ? Any hint ? Thanks

By the way, did anyone send back the phone to HTC support ? Any answer from them ?

Philippe

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii