HTC One S - A 'unlocking' question..

redburk

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC ONE s that is fine, 'my 1st smart-phone'. I have found a good buy on a HTC ONE X+ & would like to buy it.
My service is T.mobile & the ONE X+ is AT&T. I have been told that to get the AT&T phone unlocked to work on T-mobile
sometimes creates a problem with some of the phones service, such as email & internet not working right. Is that true? Is
there a way to make it work? I will not switch to AT&T.. Thanks

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC ONE s that is fine, 'my 1st smart-phone'. I have found a good buy on a HTC ONE X+ & would like to buy it.
My service is T.mobile & the ONE X+ is AT&T. I have been told that to get the AT&T phone unlocked to work on T-mobile
sometimes creates a problem with some of the phones service, such as email & internet not working right. Is that true? Is
there a way to make it work? I will not switch to AT&T.. Thanks

Well, according to this thread on the One X, LTE should work. Although my only concern is that the processor is different on the One X+. It might be a different situation since the One X has a Qualcomm processor vs the Tegra on the One X+. Calls and text will work most likely, but data I'm not sure.

redburk

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE - Bought the AT&T HTC ONE X+, unlocked it & it works great in all aspects on T-Mobile with one possible problem. It still thinks its on AT&T & may present a problem
with some of the updates..