Whats going on with my HTC One wifi etc.?

A

AC Question

whats going on with my HTC one wifi etc.?

Okay, so i'm not very good at this phone thing, but what I do know is that recently , my HTC one has been playing up. I believe it is the first version of HTC ONE as when I first got it I wasn't offered any other models. Recently it hasn't been charging very well, but I put that down to a faulty charger. Anyway, today, it started disconnecting from my Wifi (all other devices in the house weren't having this problem) , so restarted it multiple times. This worked at first, but then it just kept getting stuck on "turning on Wifi". The phone got extremely hot to touch , so I turned it off and left it to charge for an hour. I picked it up and turned it on, and the WiFi still wasn't working. This is when I begun to panic, so I've plugged it into the computer. But now it keeps turning itself on and off, and restarting itself, like continuously. What's happening to my phone and how do I fix it? I don't have an upgrade available until next January and can't afford a new phone, and id like to fix mine asap! Any suggestions?
Thank you :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: whats going on with my HTC one wifi etc.?

If it's old enough, and you've been treating the battery badly enough (you should never let it discharge down past 40%), it could be time for a new battery. (The "hasn't been charging very well", and "extremely hot to touch" parts lead to the same conclusion.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: whats going on with my HTC one wifi etc.?

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11848.

If that doesn't help, then try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11779

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.