Rebooting after custom ROM install

skydivingcows

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have acquired a HTC EVO V CDMA phone for virgin mobile.
I have unlocked the phone and ported it over to page plus. It was working fine on stock ROM, tested phone calls and mms. I then tried to use CWM to install a custom rom, pacman. I ended up using fastboot to boot the boot.img to finally get into the ROM. After roughly 30 seconds it locks up and reboots everytime, even if in airplane mode. I did some searching and found this to possibly be related to the radios baseband.

I tried using the RUU for this phone but it keeps stating that it will not work for this phone. I tried the Sprint and WWE generic PrimoC.

I am unable to get into recovery as every CWM recovery.img file I use does not work... typically locks up at the HTC dev warning, but the 5.5 version would let me scroll up and down but hitting the power button simply removes the menu options so nothing can ever be selected.

I'm a bit stuck on what to do next. Can anyone point me to the correct RUU for this phone or help me find a good CWM recovery.img file (if that would even reset the radio) or any other advice?

skydivingcows

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link AN23. I don't know how I missed it but it got me on track.

I was able to use TWRP recovery but the RUU still needed to be used in the end. The radio was the reason for the bootloop. The RUU's have been pulled from that link due to HTC recent legal battles there but are still able to be found.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link AN23. I don't know how I missed it but it got me on track.

I was able to use TWRP recovery but the RUU still needed to be used in the end. The radio was the reason for the bootloop. The RUU's have been pulled from that link due to HTC recent legal battles there but are still able to be found.

Keep the ruu that you used on your computer. Just in case they remove all the ruus :p

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums