Error 160 MID Not allowed

cander21

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
So i was trying to unlock my boot loader on my hox for AT&T and I input my device identifier and it gives me Error 160: MID not allowed. Is anyone else running into this? What can i do?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you delet "info" at the beginning of each line it should start with arrows and end with arrows:

>>>>>indentifier token start<<<<<<<
>>>>>indentifier token end<<<<<<<

tutor772

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I'm getting the same error message. It's from the HTC Developer site. I can get as far as the step where you "submit" the token, and after submitting the token, the "error 160" message pops up. I've copied the "identifier token start" as carefully as I can multiple times, but I get the same error message.
The bootloader screen on my ATT One X has the first three lines at the top as "Locked", "EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL" and "HBOOT-1.14.0002". The Android version is 4.0.4, the Software number is 2.20.502.7 710RD, the Kernel version is 3.0.8-01558-g7f75e5b. I'm using Straight Talk as my carrier, so the phone has a ST SIM, if any of that helps.
Any ideas on how I can unlock the bootloader? Thanks in advance for any help.

failmatic

May 17, 2010
Visit site
are you using Hasooon's 2000 HOX AIO ?
If you are using it, you shouldnt have a problem.

I have same hboot as yours and I didnt have a problem using that toolkit.

tutor772

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have tried the Hasoon2000 tool. The tool hangs at step 4. When I try to "get token ID" a command prompt window opens, but the tool doesn't go to the HTC site and doesn't generate a token like it does in his video. I've also tried working directly from the HTCDev site following the directions there. The HTC site will generate a token, but when I paste it into the window and click Submit, the next page that pops up is the error 160 screen.
When I type "fastboot devices" from the command prompt window, fastboot returns an HTC device, and Control Panel says the HTC drivers are installed, so I think my computer can communicate with my phone.. Any other thoughts?

failmatic

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It is likely that you do not have supercid 11111111. You should try running Xfactor Exploit again, get tolken and continue. I find that HTC dev site sometimes would lag and cause problems, so you should sign into your htcdev account first then try to get the tolken.

tutor772

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help. That was indeed the problem. I wasn't doing the exploit correctly, and the supercid wasn't being set to 11111111. I wasn't quick enough in entering my password when the exploit asked for it to do the backup and restore, and so the exploit failed. Once I figured that out, and reacted more quickly, everything worked. Thanks again.

raajdesaii

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Which password did you add? I just click on restore and the exploit fails. Do we have to create a new one because i dont have a password currently in my phone. Thanks. Please help.

John Huerta

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
what password do we use I currently do not have password set on my phone tried this time and time again exploit keeps failing getting token id and enter on htc dev site says error 160 mid not allowed please help using htc one x (evita) AIO KIT by hasoon2000

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
what password do we use I currently do not have password set on my phone tried this time and time again exploit keeps failing getting token id and enter on htc dev site says error 160 mid not allowed please help using htc one x (evita) AIO KIT by hasoon2000

If you are having trouble, it's because your cid isn't all ones or "supercid." Supercid allows the flashing of any Rom basically. You have to keep running step 2 I believe (the script). If anyone has trouble PM me. :)

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

Kyle Chambers

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi so I am trying Hasoon2000s method for rooting and it is failing. I try to backup and at the bottom it says "restore started" and within seconds it says "restore ended". Does this mean the restore worked or what? So after that happens it will display 1909 KB/s blah blah and then it says failed and wont change my CID properly. Anyways yeah any help will be appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RylanortheAncient