Mini Rant- HTC One Series grinds my gears

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd assume that phones get released elsewhere before the us because its very painful process to get a phone through the FCC. That and US cellular carriers are generally unpleasant both to customers and phone manufacturers.

Doubt that. You get through the FCC, the rest of the world just rubber stamps the phone right through.

My imported international version has FCC APPROVAL. Its meant for the far East market..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Doubt that. You get through the FCC, the rest of the world just rubber stamps the phone right through.

My imported international version has FCC APPROVAL. Its meant for the far East market..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The FCC needs to test and approve almost (I say almost because I'm not 100% sure) any wireless device that has the potential to be used here.

Even if it isn't every device, phones have to be high on the list of potential things to get imported from a different region for use here.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

steve31

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
We have it in Canada.;) I am surprised that lately we have been getting the phones in Canada before the US. We got the GS2 and I think the GNexus first. At least you can always count on Apple.;) I hope the GS3 release is world wide.

Last edited:

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
US carriers are by far the worst in the world, they have all kinds of requirements and demands and it takes longer to meet them. In the rest of the world, the oem's can release the phone they made with the name they chose rather than have to play games to meet the demands of carriers here.

If you think about it in many ways we have a very backward infrastructure and network compared to most countries. We like to do things different for no good reason (not follow global standards like metric, gsm etc).

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Motorola Razr MAXX coming to Europe in May and it has been released in Jan/Feb in the US. Music to my ears!

This is what I'm referring to, carriers and a lot of other problems complicates it but it would be wise to start over and let the US receiving phones first.

Bluecamelguy

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I would rather the U.S. emulate Europe; better carrier pricing, ultimate portability, more friendly handset requirements. I don't begrudge the rest of the world their phones first, simply because I'm not always at the head of the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez