Questions/Concerns about my HTC One X

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had the One X since May 4th and I really don't have any complaints.. I am loving Sense 4.0 and battery life is great.. The screen.. Well I haven't heard anything bad about the screen and you won't hear anything bad from me either.. I had the Samsung Galaxy SII and i really can't even go back to looking at that screen..

My concerns:
I don't know if this is how HTC has their multitasking or not but going in and out of apps that are running, it doesn't seem like they are consistently running in the background.. I jump back into the app that I was in and it has a to refresh and quickly freezes and then reboots it seems.. again I am not as familiar with HTC.. have been using Samsung galaxy devices for a couple of hears.. Is anyone else finding this?

I might not be explaining it good enough so if you have more questions please ask..

Also.. I was charging it over night last night and when I went to unlock the phone it showed that wifi wasn't connected and once I unlocked it it quickly connected.. So i believe it was running off of my cellular connection all night (or part of the night, or 5 minutes?).. Anyone else do that?

Speaker volume question: Next to my Galaxy sII it isn't nearly as loud coming out of the speaker (not the headphones).. I have read on other forums that the X has a better speaker than like the Desire HD and Sensation but those are other HTC phones.. I was wondering if anyone compared theirs to a Galaxy SII? I just want to make sure that my speaker is on par to where it should be because I have been reading other people having issues with it and were told to return it on some other forums..

Thank you in advance and any advice/assistance will be greatly appreciated!

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
1. Watch the video on the Android blog about 'multitasking'.
2. There is clearly an issue with the WIFI. I even called HTC about it today. They state that a fix is coming by the end of May. I've turned my WIFI off for now.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bellamyepl

Valdeck

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
1. Android's multi tasking is closer to multi tasking than the iPhone but not true multitasking like in WebOS or on a PC. So you will find that some apps will after a while reboot when you go into them (like with games) or need a refresh.

2) I have not had horrible WiFi Issues as of yet. There is a fix in the pipes and if you can control your own WiFI routers you can take a few steps to make it more dependable (like using only 2.4 ghz not 5 and selecting a b/g mode or only N mode on your router).

Reactions: bellamyepl

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your quick replies.. I was seeing some people having issues with wifi and I guess I will be adding to that list.. I will keep it off at night now..

For the multitasking.. Apple definitely isn't true multitasking.. I have had every one of their phones and just can't stand them anymore lol.. But i'm not here to bash apple so I digress.. The problem I have with the multitasking on the X is that it's not when I leave the app and do something else and for awhile and go back to it in say like 5-10 minutes.. It's when I jump to another app and then wait like 5-10 seconds and go back into it.. It does a quick freeze of the screen and then like fades out and then comes back like it is refreshing.. It seems to me as HTC is having it hold the app where it was and then resuming when you return.. That might be what is making the battery life so much better.. I was using the Speedtest app and wanted to see if it did freeze it.. So I opened it up and started the test.. Then hit the multitasking button and went to photos.. sat for 5 seconds (counted) and then back and the app restarted and was showing the "begin test" again and looked in the results part and didn't count the test I just did.. I know on my Galaxy SII.. It would run the test in the background and I could pop back to it and then it would still be going.. On the iphone it would do the same thing the One X is doing.. Weird..

Can anyone else confirm this on their device?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laeahkora