Sense 4.0 in my opinion

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I really think sense makes ICS looks like gingerbread and dated!

I was really disappointed when I looked at the One X today.

I love that the Gnex is so simple and polished, I feel sense takes that feel away.

My feelings are based on software alone. The hardware is fantastic, including that beaut of a screen!

Thoughts?

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I really think sense makes ICS looks like gingerbread and dated!

I was really disappointed when I looked at the One X today.

I love that the Gnex is so simple and polished, I feel sense takes that feel away.

My feelings are based on software alone. The hardware is fantastic, including that beaut of a screen!

Thoughts?

I agree compeltely. HTC are trying to protect its customers from jarring change(ICS) and opted to keep things more or less the same as Gingerbread.

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I really don't get what you're talking about.

I'm saying I think the sense 4.0 skin on top of ICS makes it look just like gingerbread. The GNex with pure google ICS looks fresh and very polished. I just don't like what HTC did with sense this time around.

This is only my opinion.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm saying I think the sense 4.0 skin on top of ICS makes it look just like gingerbread. The GNex with pure google ICS looks fresh and very polished. I just don't like what HTC did with sense this time around.

This is only my opinion.

I agree. I just installed apex launcher pro and made it look as close to my Nexus as I could. I'm happy now.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I just installed apex launcher pro and made it look as close to my Nexus as I could. I'm happy now.

Great to hear, I still think I'm buying the phone.

Any chance of some screen shots with the Apex launcher?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So far sense 4.0 has been great for me. Now the HTC keyboard on the other hand...sucks!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I go through 6 or 7 devices a year. In fact the Nexus is the longest I've owned a phone since the original iPhone in 2007. Loved the heck out of it but after using the one X and loving the screen, camera, build, and battery life as much as I do I can't go back. Good thing about not being locked down like other os' you can make any device suit your taste with the right launcher or rom. Love having my stock ICS folders. You are right sense 4.0 looks way too much like previous iterations of sense/android only with ios style folders

ad40d77e-993a-f7ee.jpg
ad40d77e-9947-00e9.jpg
ad40d77e-9951-d481.jpg

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the SwiftKey X from the app store. I bought it when I have my Evo 3D! I plan to reinstall it tomorrow morning. Then upgrade it when the new one comes out! Thanks for the advice though!

Search on Google for SwiftKey 3 beta. So far I'm liking it a lot. Always was a fan of SwiftKey x when I had my bolt but am actually liking this one better. It's a free download load from their site

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I go through 6 or 7 devices a year. In fact the Nexus is the longest I've owned a phone since the original iPhone in 2007. Loved the heck out of it but after using the one X and loving the screen, camera, build, and battery life as much as I do I can't go back. Good thing about not being locked down like other os' you can make any device suit your taste with the right launcher or rom. Love having my stock ICS folders. You are right sense 4.0 looks way too much like previous iterations of sense/android only with ios style folders

Click to view quoted image

That looks so much better! Is it possible to install a rom on the AT&T HOX yet? if so, have you tried any?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38